General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

What ATV Plow Lift To Use

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 10:56 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What ATV Plow Lift To Use

I'm new at snow plow use and am using the quad winch to lift the plow, first putting a pulley on the plow frame, with the winch hook running up to the brush guard for an easier lift.
Has anyone used an electric worm gear/strap combo lift that mounts on the plow frame behind the blade?
How would the wear and tear been on the quad winch and/or the cable if I stay with my current setup.

Old 10-21-2009, 12:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been using the Warn electric plow lift now for the past 3 seasons. The last two season has been very deep. Over 120" of snow total, so you can tell I have been using it quite abit. The main reason I went with the Warn lift is to have my winch as a back-up. Either to help me get unstuck or if something happens to the Warn lift, I can then use my winch and am not out for a week of plowing. Or if using the winch, you have no back-up if the winch gives out.

I have had no problems with the Warn lift except at the beginning of every season, I have to replace the lift cable due to wear and fraaing. Would hope sometime, Warn would offer a syn rope for the lift.
Only other down side is if the snow is realy wet and sticks to the plow blade the Warn lift has trouble lifting. Sometimes you have to get off and kick off the snow from the blade.

Like I said it is great to have sometype of backup if you are having to plow alot and sometimes everyday for weeks.

Hope this helps.