General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

where did you learn how to work on quads

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where did you learn how to work on quads

i was just wondering where you guys learned how to work on quads

Old 01-28-2010, 02:33 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Since I was a kid I was handing my dad a wrench when he worked on anything of his. Guess I learned from him, and fixing what I broke when I got out on my own.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

all on my own. i first started to take anything apart when i was a kid. rc cars, cassette players, 8 track players, sterios, tvs, anything that has screws or bolts. somethings not evon mine. then when i got my first car. fixed anything i could on it. then when i got my first atv. and my first bill to have someone fix it. i learned to do it on my own. and im still learning to this day. i just learned to take it apart slowly. and try to rember how it whent back togetther.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:44 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

Originally Posted by chuck_raduenz
all on my own. i first started to take anything apart when i was a kid. rc cars, cassette players, 8 track players, sterios, tvs, anything that has screws or bolts. somethings not evon mine. then when i got my first car. fixed anything i could on it. then when i got my first atv. and my first bill to have someone fix it. i learned to do it on my own. and im still learning to this day. i just learned to take it apart slowly. and try to rember how it whent back togetther.
Pretty much what he said.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Pro Rider

ya but he was looking after his dad. i didnt have that. i did it all on my own. no one else for me to watch.

Old 01-28-2010, 07:47 PM
Trailblazer

Started snowmobiling and 3 wheeling on a big red when I was about 9 or 10 with my dad and gramps.

The rule of the house was if you were going to ride them, you learned how to take care of them. At the time I hated that rule, now I am awful thankful...

My 33rd post in 10.5 years, I must be a post wh%re! lol

Old 01-29-2010, 05:06 AM
Range Rover

YA pretty much the same here...

Old 01-29-2010, 07:38 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

ya but he was looking after his dad. i didnt have that. i did it all on my own. no one else for me to watch.
Quite a few of those times it wasn't because I asked. Had to earn my keep around the house. But I also can fix most things on the cars/trucks, trailers and house now.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

all on my own. i first started to take anything apart when i was a kid. rc cars, cassette players, 8 track players,
8 Track? You're as old as I am!
My first car was a 1967 Fiat 124 Sport Coupe (hard-top version of the Fiat Spyder convertible).
When you own a Fiat (Fix It Again Tony) you learn to diagnose and fix problems "on the fly" or you walk home--just like a quad.
And now Fiat owns Chrysler...

Old 01-29-2010, 08:00 PM
Trailblazer

I also was the kid that helped dad fix everything. It gave me the confidence to tackle things on my own when it came time. I still have the 1st craftsman tool set he bought me at christmas when I was a kid!

Quick Reply: where did you learn how to work on quads