General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

about a snowmobile

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 09:35 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about a snowmobile

i no this has nothing to do with a atv but i have a 1996 fourmula s 377 i got it in the fall and fixed it up and i played with everything i could to make this faster without boring or porting the motor and i went for my first ride of the year today and as i was going down the trail and it just shut off i am running the motor on 150 155 jets and it was -5 out so i new it was going to be running super lean due to the cold so my first thought was it ceased up my first ride but i let it sit for 2 minutes or so and pulled it over it started right back up so i baby ed it home it run funny the first Minuit or 2 but then seemed to run fine after so i pulled the plugs thinking they would look like they where running to lean but what i discovered was the spark plug on the mag side looked grate but the plug on the pto side looked fouled was very grey looking witch i don't no if that means its lean or fouled just to add i have many mods to both clutches the pipe is off a mxz 440 and the carbs are 34mm witch are 4 mm bigger then stock i put a cold are induction so it sucks just cold air from under the windshield instead of the hot air under the hood the sled runs very cold so it is running super lean i sound like such a dumb *** but i am trying to give all the information a can give but my main question is wtf happened why did it just die on me it was very sudden it did not bog or anything before this hap pend it was like i just shut the key off or something but i think there is more to it then that.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

I get it, it's a game! Are we supposed to guess how many sentences are in this post? I'm lost man...

Old 02-01-2010, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider

Man, I might could help.......but I need alot more info.
Altitude, you said -5 degrees, where you at WFO or parital throttle?
Grey is lean.....did you look at the top of the piston????? Shiney grey is pieces of aluminum from the piston melting.

My first guess, and only a guess at this point.....is it seized, you let it cool off, but babying it home you never got to WFO, so it didn't do it again.

Try it again at WFO and I bet you will burn it down!

Old 02-01-2010, 07:39 PM
Trailblazer

I saw one capital M in there - must have been a mistake.
My eyes blurred after a few lines.
Not even gonna try to help some one who does not care enough to
use proper English.

I can understand bad spelling and grammar being used,
but this is over the top !