General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Shop floor

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I don't have to much FAITH in those interlocking styles I think they will just pop up and out as I roll the bikes over. But the RB stuff you point out is the right price, lol..lol But is it really a grade like a good quality shop mat? I wonder what people use to attach to the floor? Some adhesive or double-back tape? Need something I can remove pretty easily but not to loose to wrinkle, buckle, and ravel.

Man, maybe the paint stuff maybe the best bet?

Cheers,

R'

Old 03-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

As far as the hurculiner goes it'll take abuse from chemicals,(gas oil, diesel etc.) I've spilled about every type of fluid you can think of in the bed of my truck and it's holding up after 5 years. Just hit it with the hose or powerwasher with a little degreaser and cleans up fine. They starting to make other colors of the herculiner as well. Black,red,white, and grey. You can get more info on (hurculiner.com) They have quite a bit of info and a FAQ. section.

Old 03-17-2010, 03:46 PM
Pro Rider
Runs Stealth!

Thanks RM!

Old 03-17-2010, 04:29 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by RticKwad
Man, maybe the paint stuff maybe the best bet? R'
R....It's a PT floor; who cares if it gets wet or oil on it. Let the oil soak in, let the gas soak and evaporate. It won't hurt it. They make super plywood that's called AdvanTech. You could put that down as a second layer. I've left that stuff out in the snow and rain for a year and it still looks new. I would NOT try to paint PT plywood. If you must have something down, go to the flooring place and slap down some thick vinyl flooring remnant stuff. Armstrong makes a really durable grade that requires no adhesive...You just lay it down and run some baseboard around the corners. If it gets wrecked in a few years, rip the crap out and lay down another sheet...

Visit the new AdvanTech website at www.advantechperforms.com

Powered by Google Docs

search on "no glue vinyl floor"

Old 03-17-2010, 05:53 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Rubber Flooring

We four wheel out of an 8 X 24 ft enclosed trailer...floor covered in rubber lock together tile...the guy that sold it got the floor out of a Best Buy that was closing. The floor is layed down on top of the wood trailer floor...no adhesive...it is held down at the edge all the way around with a screw strip...used the trailer now for two years with four to six quads and have had no issues with the flloring at all...just my 2 cents...good luck...

we are not easy on the floor...lots of mud/rain on ramp door/sliding quads sideways to haul...great stuff

mudslinger

Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

The most cost effective and durable finish you can put on the wood floor is as follows. Apply 3 to 4 coats on wood, 2 to 3 coats on concrete, of a good quality floor paint. You will have the proper amount of paint on the floor when you achieve a fairly even sheen. It does not matter whether you use an oil or latex based paint. The important thing is to allow it to dry properly between coats, don't rush it. If you use oil allow 24 hours between coats, latex will require only 12 hours. After the the paint is dry apply 2 to 3 coats of acrylic floor finish. You can find it in gallon jugs at any place that sells janitorial supplies. The floor finish will last between 2 to 3 years. When the floor starts to stain or loose it's shine simply strip the finish with floor finish remover and reapply the floor finish. Stripping is very fast and easy to do and the floor finish dries in less than an hour. I have applied this system to more than 50,000 square feet of floors and you will be amazed how well it holds up. Oil spills will wipe up with little effort and sweeping is a breeze. The only thing that will hold up better is a 100% solids epoxy floor coating which is pricey and much harder to apply and refinish.

Old 03-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Trailblazer

what about putting down hardyboard and VCT down. it's tough and pretty cheap and easy to take care of