General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Needing some help

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2010 | 05:01 PM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Needing some help

I bought a atv off my father-in-law. Its a Suzuki king quad 700.

anyways here my problem, when it starts there is some white smoke coming from the tailpipe. it isnt thick and after a few mins of riding or running it; it goes away. Hoping it isnt anything serious, cause that would suck, my father-in-law says it is because of it being low on oil, when i looked it barely has any oil in it..He said it has been leaking oil or something, because he has added to it before, also the oil cap was on wrong and it wasnt on tight.

I checked the oil, and it need oil so I am adding oil to it tormorrow, anyone know how much oil it takes and what kind of oil

also whats this white type smoke coming from? I dont know alot about atvs so I dont know where certain things are, but I am sure I could find it.

The atv seems to run fine, except I need a battery for it also(have to pull start it to get it started,

thanks

Old 03-29-2010 | 06:30 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Welcome to the forums. For Suzuki questions, post your thoughts in the Suzuki section. Lots of helpful folks there.

Old 03-30-2010 | 09:49 AM
Trailblazer

if it is putting off white smoke I would go with piston rings. Once the engine heats up the rings seal.