General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Rack Storage Bags

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 08:21 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rack Storage Bags

Hi All,

Need to purchase a bag/storage device for my racks. Will be used for my turkey hunting gear ect...

Looking at all the different ones is confusing different fabrics, different zippers and pouches so my question is who makes a decent bag for the money??

They range from $30-$130 from what I've seen....looked on ebay, CL, Tractor Supply.....

Thx for the help

Old 04-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Of all the things I've lost in life, I think I miss my mind the most!

IMO. The bags you can get from a tractor supply are inexspencive and hold up as well as the high dollar bags but, I've abandoned bags for a hardbox. Even the best bags seem to let water in if it gets wet enough. With a sealed hardbox I've never had an issue. Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:21 AM
Range Rover

check this out: Walmart.com: Rear Padded Bottom Bag: Hunting

Although it is not 100% waterproof, it does a damn good job and hardly lets any water in (within reason). It's convenient, the zippers are decent and it's actually a great atv bag for the rear. I had all my items stored in the bag (rain gear, clothes, gloves, etc.) yesterday while the atv was on the open trailer as we traveled in the rain to our riding spot. Got there and nothing was wet. Same thing as when I use the pressure washer to clean the atvs. For the $59 bux it cost, it's a great little bag and I prefer it over our Kimpex seat. I hightly recommend it. Only thing, it has the seat for a passenger but doesn't provide any support....however it's not suppose to.

They have a camo version as well, a tad bit more $$. I think 10 more???

A actual pic of the bag on the atv.

Old 04-18-2010, 09:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by Mr. Fancy Pants
check this out: Walmart.com: Rear Padded Bottom Bag: Hunting

Although it is not 100% waterproof, it does a damn good job and hardly lets any water in (within reason). It's convenient, the zippers are decent and it's actually a great atv bag for the rear. I had all my items stored in the bag (rain gear, clothes, gloves, etc.) yesterday while the atv was on the open trailer as we traveled in the rain to our riding spot. Got there and nothing was wet. Same thing as when I use the pressure washer to clean the atvs. For the $59 bux it cost, it's a great little bag and I prefer it over our Kimpex seat. I hightly recommend it. Only thing, it has the seat for a passenger but doesn't provide any support....however it's not suppose to.

They have a camo version as well, a tad bit more $$. I think 10 more???

A actual pic of the bag on the atv.

X2 on this bag. Have it for our Grizzly. Works well and reasonably priced. Purchased ours from WalMart.com also.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:08 PM
Trailblazer

I picked mine up at bass pro. it is zipperless and seams to work well on keeping the water out as the top rolls up. it cost around 40.00 and has a padded bottom on it as well. I keep my Turkey decoy's and stuff in it.....really didn't want the extra noise of zipping and unzipping once I got settled in the woods. jmo.

Old 04-19-2010, 12:41 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by johnpma
Hi All,

Need to purchase a bag/storage device for my racks. Will be used for my turkey hunting gear ect...

Looking at all the different ones is confusing different fabrics, different zippers and pouches so my question is who makes a decent bag for the money??

They range from $30-$130 from what I've seen....looked on ebay, CL, Tractor Supply.....

Thx for the help
Ive had great luck with mine. Its a Ducks Unlimited bag....not sure who makes them for DU....clearly they dont make them. At any rate its a great bag, cost me just under $100. Love it. Even comes with a removable blind bag. Its made very well, reinforced corners and the zippers are all covered.

Ducks Unlimited has upscale products with extra features over other soft luggage on the market. All items are available in black and Advantage Max-4 pattern, are POP packaged and come with a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty. A portion of the proceeds go to Ducks Unlimited in support of their wetlands conservation efforts.

Features:
  • Removable Blind Bag
  • Advantage Max 4Camo or Black
  • Convenient topside shock cord
  • Dual built-in coolers
  • Dual water bottle holders
  • Reinforced corners
  • Ladder lock mounting system
  • External mesh pocket
  • External shell holders for 10 shotgun shells- Shells not included
  • External clips secure blind bag
  • Rugged water-resistant & UV-resistant 600-denier polyester
  • Storm flaps & double zipper pulls
  • Size: 33 1/2” w x 9” h x16” d
Got it here:

Ducks Unlimited Stowage Bag - ATV - Motorcycle Superstore

Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I got a Contico plastic box from Walmart that is good for extra gear. I just pile it all in and strap it down. Walmart.com: Contico Storage Locker: Storage & Organization I also have a structured soft bag from Polaris that I got on eBay that has kept everything dry including during some truly nasty downpours. Got it for around $35 with shipping. I usually put that on the front rack.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boy am I glad I have a polaris X2 storage is not a problem. I buy water proof boxes ans thrown them in the bed. plus the big water tight front box

Old 04-19-2010, 09:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've been looking for storage as well, from everyone I know with them recommend a hard box, not fabric. The ones I've seen online are around $150 vs. $70 for a fabric one.

that being said No-one I know have the ones mentioned above. It really depends on the weather you'll be in and how often you use it. I think most of the fabric ones are fine in Rain, and my friends wrap up items in plastic bags "Just in case"