General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Weird - Funeral for a motorcycle enthusiast

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 01:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird - Funeral for a motorcycle enthusiast

Video - Funeral for a motorcycle enthusiast

Full Story:
If you thought you'd previously seen it all, well, you're wrong. Case in point: David Morales Colón, a 22-year-old Puerto Rican man who was shot to death last Thursday, and whose wake is now making headlines here in the United States mainland. How come? Well, suffice it to say that the funeral directors at Marin Funeral Home in San Juan's Hato Rey neighborhood have a flair for the unorthodox. For example, in 2008, they embalmed another young shooting victim and displayed his body standing up for the duration of a multi-day wake.
Back to the present: Yesterday and today, callers who stopped to pay their final respects to the late Mr. Colón got a bit of a surprise. Instead of the traditional presentation of the body in a casket, Mr. Colón's corpse, dressed in casual duds and sunglasses, was instead posed in a very lifelike position atop his Repsol-liveried Honda CBR600 F4. According to Puerto Rico's Primera Hora newspaper, the motorcycle was given to the victim by his uncle, and upon Mr. Colón's untimely demise, family members delivered the bike to the funeral home specifically for this unusual wake.
Lest you think this is some sort of insane hoax, here's the link to the local Primera Hora newspaper coverage, which features a multi-shot photo gallery, and here's the less detailed Associated Press wire version that's presently making the rounds. Finally, we've got a video posted after the jump. We'll say this: David Morales Colón rides into the afterlife in memorable style.

Old 04-28-2010, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Odd, to say the least. I did tell my wife that if I should go before she does to put me in jeans, a t-shirt and a flannel or canvas shirt. Oh, and put a grin on my face.

Old 04-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Range Rover
Default Chipper

I've talked to my wife and asked that she let me show her how to use the chipper. I figure, its cheap, its chemical free and being returned to fertilizer is a pretty noble end. She doesn't seem to share in my logic?

Old 04-30-2010, 07:41 AM
Trailblazer

In Pittsburgh a lady was laid to rest in her pink corvette she was a famose racer in her day.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator
Toxic Ryder
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Freaky