General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Personal Watercraft (jet skis) are fun!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Personal Watercraft (jet skis) are fun!

I rented a Sea Doo WaveRunner yesterday and it was great fun. I thought dirt bikes and ATVs were fun but I think I like these things better. Rather than buy one, I think I'll rent one a couple times a year for the $70/hr they charge. I rented mine in Ocean City, MD. I hope that there are other places in the country that rent them.
This one was built to carry three people.

Old 07-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider
Is addicted to 4 wheel'n!

They are fun. I wouldn't say as fun as ATV but, fun enough. The issue with the Watercraft for me is the prep. Have to get everything together, drive to the lake (which may or may not be close) unload in the lake. Then when done find a way to get someone back to the truck to load.

My ATV, jump on drive off anytime. I'm lucky enough to have land to ride on so it can get the 20 min ride here and there where the waverunner sits till a trip to the lake.

Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

I had a 750 Polaris PCW, they sure are fun at first, what you will find over time, is the terrain never changes ,no hill or valleys just flat water gets dull after awhile especially if you stick to one body of water,mine was parked at a our camp,they made my sleds look like they were easy on gas, Id go through 15 gals of gas in a day and only cover a little over 100 miles of riding on the lake WOT mind you but with flat water and no obstacles you always run wide open. Mine was a 2 stroke maybe the new 4 stroke are better.
They sure have a lower resale value then a ATV or sled up here.

Some great points,was they have no supension wheels bearings or many moving parts to wear out and no rad,or fan, ever the the air filter last forever. I crashed a 50 mph when I hit a wave and I did not hurt the machine or me.LOL

Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

We almost bought a pair before we bought quads. Looking back, it would have been about 13k for the pair and trailer. (used) Probably would have gone out about 6 times over the summer. Works out to be just under 450 bucks per trip (5 year finance), not counting fuel for the truck or the pwc's.

Also doesn't include the license for the pwc's, the trailer and any maintenance that I would have to do.

If we want to ride one, we'll just rent one too.

Old 07-08-2010, 01:27 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default pwc

Here in Ohio we only get a few months a year that we could even ride a pwc. My quad I can ride year round! I see that as more bang for the buck.

Old 07-09-2010, 01:18 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I own a 2003 sea-doo 1100 3 seater and a 2006 sugar sand mirage jet boat- I love water sports! I also love to atv- but maintenance & repair is much more on the atv then on the watercraft- plus I don't have to shower after a day on the boat!

I agree about getting bored- unless you take it to the ocean and jump 10' swells (been there) the lakes can get a little stale after the 20th time out. It helps to have buddies to ski with. Now I'm big into kneeboarding- got bored on water skis. I'll always own a boat- I love the water even if I only get to use it 4 months per year.