General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Dirt trax vs FIshers ATV world vs Destination Polaris

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 06:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt trax vs FIshers ATV world vs Destination Polaris

Was looking for some ATV related shows on some of the outdoor channels and came across these. I've admittedly only watched the last 3 or 4 episodes of each show. So far Dirt Trax is by far my favorite. The Polaris show wasn't too bad but is just a huge infomercial. Of course I acpet that considering Polaris is in the title of the show. The worst was Fishers in my opinion. I tuned in monday and watched as teh two fisher men flew to Gorilla Axle shop but basically what they showed were the two men driving around getting lost and looking for food to eat. After finally finding food I watched them eat, take their leftovers and head back to a hotel. This took about 1/2 the show. And my biggest pet peave of the whole show was that they indicated at teh beginning of the show that they were gonna watch the Gorrilla guys lift a 650 Polaris and then go out riding in the swamps. Yet they wasted so much time showing them go to the airport, go to dinner, and the hotel and at teh end of the show they said sorry but we've run out of time and you'll have to tune in next week to see us ride the swamps. What a bunch of horse ****. Two thumbs down on that show.............

Any other TV shows you guys can recommend? Something more similar to Dirt Trax and not similar to Fishers. lol

Old 10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Racer TV on VS!! It is almost at the end of the season for that one though. Fishers is cool, but they tend to have a lot of off atv topic stuff. I would rate Dirt Trax higher, but mostly because they have a better cross section of atv models and topics.

Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Trailblazer

Originally Posted by Scooter86
Racer TV on VS!! It is almost at the end of the season for that one though. Fishers is cool, but they tend to have a lot of off atv topic stuff. I would rate Dirt Trax higher, but mostly because they have a better cross section of atv models and topics.
Thanks. Will check racer out!

Old 10-28-2010, 02:46 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Racer TV follows the GNCC circuit. Every other week is the bike race, just so you know.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

Fishers is a fairly decent show but I find it pretty bias toward certain brands and he shamelessly promotes them to death even though the other brands spend add $$$ on this show! Destination Polaris probably does the best job of searching out interesting and new riding areas/adventures even though they do it on Polaris products, while Dirt tracks does the best job of covering a wider spectrum of diferent atvs/products...although they definately fly the Canadian/CanAm flag! Not quite as good since the show was sold and the change in show hosts! Daddy bought it and now his 2 sons host it!

Old 10-30-2010, 01:44 AM
Pro Rider

the only one of those three show tat I have seen is Dirt Trax.. I thought it was pretty decent. They remain mostly unbiased and have a vaiety of different features ie. new arrivals, trails, dunes, racing, etc.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM
Trailblazer

just reading threw this post and I think they should give me $50,000 a year and let me ride free atvs and could make one hell of a show

Old 11-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Trailblazer

I watched dirt trax and fishers again last night and Fishers was a joke once again. It's a 30 minute show and they spent the first 18 minutes of it scrambling through an airport on their way to Wyoming. They didn't get on 4-wheelers until the last 5-10 minutes of the show. Total joke.

Dirt trax on the other hand was pretty decent. Had a 450 class shootout. A much better show in my opinion.