General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.
View Poll Results: Would you like an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?
I would love to use this kind a ATV.
47.06%
No way, ATV is for Off-ROAD fun.
47.06%
none of above(please share your opnion)
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Will you buy an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2010, 02:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

not very practical and no real "wow" factor. i agree w/ merrickvilleguy, a side by side would be the way to go for around town or rural travel.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:35 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Well- I'm going out alone on this branch but- I'd buy it!

I don't think it's any more / less dangerous then a motorcycle, actually think it's safer having 4 tires on the ground, a lot more stable- and it's larger then a bike which translates into better visibility. I think its innovative- A lot of people comment on the storage capacity- well, it's no less then on a bike and I'm sure you could make a low profile trunk for it. I'd feel more comfortable on it with a back rest. It also looks longer & wider then an off road atv.

I bet the thing gets great milage, and has an impressive 0-60.
I think it has more "wow" factor then a HD Sportster (which every one seems to own!) That thing would turn every head it passes with curiosity!
And saying "just buy a car" or "not very practical" doesn't make sense- under that premise, why buy a motorcycle!

There's definitely a market for this sort of thing- look at the Can-Am Spyder, which is a reverse trike, the VW dune buggy, or any other 4 wheeled "t-bucket" hobbyist vehicle made for the road... you can't compare those to a car, none are "practical" and I see them everywhere.

yep- I'd buy it... if it were under $12k

Old 12-28-2010, 08:07 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 12-28-2010, 08:30 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by TLC
I like this one.

ya, but there's no trunk and you can't put it in the mud and what's the point and blah blah blah

that thing rocks!

-

Old 12-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a four wheels or more kind of person. I don't feel comfortable on a motorcycle. I would defiantly give that quad some serious consideration. I would love to cruise with some friends and family on a weekend ride in the mountains....but they ride bikes. In my opinion, this quad could fill a gap in the road cycle market if it's able to run highway speeds for long periods of time. Especially if the price is right. Great concept design. I think it's a good looking quad with defiant marketability.

Old 12-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

this is "wow" factor...

Old 12-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by beergut

yep- I'd buy it... if it were under $12k

You'd better have the coupon.

Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Like any other vehicle, it's going to take some special skills to drive/ride it. Problem is, they don't care when they sell it. All too true now with the off road ones. Too many people are going to get hurt, and the next thing you know you'll have the government trying to exert their views on ALL atv's.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:05 PM
Weekend Warrior

That thing would have to have a 1000cc I4 engine with a 6 speed tranny with manual clutch for me to ride it.

Old 01-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Trailblazer

I would buy it. Seems like it would be good for around town and maybe some highway. Lots of wow factor there. I would lie to see the real world stats. on it. Like long term road tests. How it really handles in all sorts of driving conditions.

Quick Reply: Will you buy an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?