General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.
View Poll Results: Would you like an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?
I would love to use this kind a ATV.
47.06%
No way, ATV is for Off-ROAD fun.
47.06%
none of above(please share your opnion)
5.88%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Will you buy an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 06:21 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will you buy an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?

This Quadrift from CECTEK have been in the market for a while. Wonder you guys will made this kind of ATV (QUAD) for daily use? Our just for weekend ride?

Please share your opinion with us?

More pics here.
ATVConnection.com ATV Enthusiast Community - cectek.chet's Album: CECTEK - QuaDrift

Old 12-27-2010, 07:16 AM
Pro Rider

If you want to be on the road, buy a car. It is safer. Keep your ATV for fun Off road.,

But anyway, that CECTEK looks sweet.

Old 12-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Mopar Man!

I like the idea of a ORV's but with drivers that we have in big cities here in the US you have a death wish if you dont drive something with a protective cage around it!

Old 12-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Trailblazer

I don't understand what the point is ?

You can't carry a load like a car ... you can't have ac like a car ... you don't get the acceleration (2x the weight) and fun of a bike ... and you can't go offroad like an atv ... so basically worst of all worlds ?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

If you go to their website they do make an off road version. It's an interesting concept specially if you live in a state like I do (MA) who recently enacted a law prohibiting you from crossing a road. This vehicle could get you to the trail and back. It does have merit.

Old 12-27-2010, 12:31 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 167 Likes on 166 Posts

Seems like a lot of people would be flipping these things in traffic trying to make a last minute lane change. Very low and with the roads around here, you'd be very likely to catch something and make it jump, which could possibly lead to another way to flip it.

Nice concept, but in an area that encompasses about 6.5 million people this would be more of a death wish than a motorcycle.

Got a bike already, so when do I get one of these?

Old 12-27-2010, 12:32 PM
Trailblazer

Most people around here trailer their atv's to the trail if they aren't lucky enough to be right on it ... and having a road ready "atv" would be near useless on the trail (so kinda takes the "all terrain" out of atv ... more like a low powered 4 wheel motor cycle) ... low profile road tires and mud don't mix.

Why are we trying to make something that is a jack of all trades ? Road bikes have different gearing to get higher end speeds, off road look for low end torque ... Road bikes have tires meant for traction on asphalt, off road tires have large lugs meant to clear mud quickly ... This doesn't do either well ...

Did I mention 4" travel on suspension means forget offroading like a typical atv

Old 12-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Trailblazer

And I can't help but mention that thanks for spamming the board looking for free market advice ...

Old 12-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

I think a lot of people arn`t seeing this for what it really is. Its not a true ATV in the sense that what we here think an ATV is. I wouldn`t take this off road, but it would be a great vehicle to use for running errands or or what ever if it had storage to carry things. It would also be great to take out riding on back country roads for those that want an ATV style vehicle but would rather use it on the road instead of the trail.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Trailblazer

Ya but thats the problem ... with the small throw suspension, lo-pro tires ... it would perform poorly on rough roads ... it is clearly "designed" for smooth city roads, and high speeds. But as a platform, would perform poorly for high speed and lacks the capacity of a car ...

this thing was clearly designed to take advantage of the atv look ... a gimmick nothing more ... heck power wise it is overpowered by even the entry level motorcycles out there

a side by side would do better for a around town errand running vehicle, and would be pretty simple to modify to make it street legal (lights/signals/mirror) even if it were limited to 40km/h type thing like some of the electrics out there ... and we already have motorcycles for the high speeds road toy

Quick Reply: Will you buy an ON-ROAD ATV QUAD?