General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Kids ATV Ban

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
I actually know a teenager that rides one of these 110 chinese atv's he actually thinks it the coolest thing ever He's gotta be at least 5' 7" tall and 165 lbs.

it's pathetic- it's like the when it was cool for a teenager to ride a kids mini BMX (like it was ever cool ) or those stupid little 100cc rice rocket motorcycles-
My son's Panterra 90 has a nearly adult sized frame so I can ride on it comfortably. The little motor does a good job of pulling me around and I'm a bit over 165!

Old 04-12-2011, 06:21 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keithert
My son's Panterra 90 has a nearly adult sized frame so I can ride on it comfortably. The little motor does a good job of pulling me around and I'm a bit over 165!
hehe- saying that panterra 90 has a "nearly adult sized frame" is like saying my 18' ski boat is "nearly a yacht"

Old 04-12-2011, 07:33 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 46 Likes on 45 Posts

I know in 2009 a law was passed that banned sales of kids ATV's because of lead content in them. I've been looking at kids ATV's recently and do see some tiny machines with stickers stating that they are for 16 years and older. There is no way a 16 year old would fit on one of these machines. Did the manufactures put these warning on to get around the ban?
Welcome to the forum keithert

The Chinese made small machines with 110cc engines to get around the kids atv ban.. a 110cc quad needs a 16 yr old rider(to comply with engine size laws). No one is going to put a 16 yr old on a mini quad so essentially they got around the law... They made a small quad that wasnt held under the ban because its "made" for a 16 or older rider..

Old 04-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks for the welcome and the description. I didn't realize it was the engine size that made it appropriate for a specific age.

hehe- saying that panterra 90 has a "nearly adult sized frame" is like saying my 18' ski boat is "nearly a yacht"
Here is a pic of me on the Panterra 90. It's not a bad fit for me. I looked at some newer kids ones and didn't fit as well on them.

Name:  snap20110412_081138-3.png
Views: 81
Size:  192.0 KB

Old 04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Thanks for the welcome and the description. I didn't realize it was the engine size that made it appropriate for a specific age.

Here is a pic of me on the Panterra 90. It's not a bad fit for me. I looked at some newer kids ones and didn't fit as well on them.
what happened to the front fender

Old 04-12-2011, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider

It was like that when we got it. It came with replacement plastic but my son wants to keep the beat up one on until he has more experience. That is good because he ran into a tree last weekend.

Old 04-12-2011, 10:34 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

It was like that when we got it. It came with replacement plastic but my son wants to keep the beat up one on until he has more experience. That is good because he ran into a tree last weekend.

hehe- trees are so unpredictable

Old 04-13-2011, 04:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by beergut
hehe- my kid has more lead in his tackle-box and his BB pellets then on any atv

tomorrow's headlines will read:

"MASSACHUSETTS BANS FISHING DUE TO FISH SUFFERING FROM LEAD POISONING"

HUSH, Illinois is trying to ban lead tackle and the morons in office don't need any encouragememnt

Old 04-13-2011, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider

Lead based frame ban? Well unless you let your kid lick the frame like its his own personal lollypop there shouldnt be any problems. Gov. is retarded!

And what this guy said-->it's my understanding that a committee got together years ago, govt/big brother, and decided on just size "cc" for ages. being politicians, they didn't have any common sense. PLUS, i believe manufacturers are putting the age limits on there because of village idiots and sue happy morons due to liability issues. some "parents" think they can put their 10 yr old 90 lb kid on a 700cc screamer and it's ok because that's what the kid wanted. sure a 6' 150 lb kid ain't gonna fit a 90cc. that's dangerous as all get out! fit him to a 250cc. it just takes common sense to fit a kid to a quad. or vice versa.

Quick Reply: Kids ATV Ban