General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 12:16 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?

Anyone plannning on spending some $$ for the kids or wife this christmas?

wife & I are using our tax refund money to buy a 20' R-Vision hybrid camper-
my 8yo wants an itouch-

thinking I'll just re-wrap the 8 year olds toys and giv'em to the 2 yo

anyone buying a new atv????

Old 11-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Getting a rifle for Moose 1. Beyond that I have no idea what to get my wife and Lil Moose. The trouble is everyone has just about everything they want. Would love to get a new quad but I know the finances aren't there right now.

Old 11-30-2011, 04:03 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

I buy for my grandkids, the rest of my X-Mas money goes to Primary Childrens Hospital.

Old 11-30-2011, 05:07 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by Specta
the rest of my X-Mas money goes to Primary Childrens Hospital.
for treatment on a family member or as a charitable donation?

Old 11-30-2011, 05:11 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Getting a rifle for Moose 1. Beyond that I have no idea what to get my wife and Lil Moose. The trouble is everyone has just about everything they want. Would love to get a new quad but I know the finances aren't there right now.
moose- my 8yo (I know- much younger then m1) was loving the 17hmr I just bought. I know it's a small cal. but it's so much fun to shoot-
What were you looking at for m1?

I think we should plan a trip up to the kittery trading post on the 11th

Old 11-30-2011, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
for treatment on a family member or as a charitable donation?
charitable donation

My daughters do the same thing. We decided years ago that we are way more fortunate than others and the care for children is of the upmost importance.

As a family we also take care of at least one "Sub For Santa" family.

Best gift ever.

Old 11-30-2011, 07:56 PM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HoHoHo

charitable donation

My daughters do the same thing. We decided years ago that we are way more fortunate than others and the care for children is of the upmost importance.

Best gift ever.
My mom and dad always give christmas to a family that can not afford the season rather than spend the money on each other! This is usually a family of one of the students that we see everyday and know that they deserve it, but can't afford to buy gifts for the kids. We (my wife, brother, sister-in-law, and myself) all teach and contact the parent directly to get a list and we go buy the kids the gifts (200-250 bucks usually). By buying the gifts directly, we know that the gifts aren't cigs and beer!

Old 11-30-2011, 08:53 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

charitable donation

Best gift ever.
thank you spectra- I'd like to shake your hand someday.
I've done a lot of volunteer work for the Shriners Childrens Burn Hospital in the past- was a big brother and a group worker at Y.O.U. Inc & DYS (Dept. of Youth Services) and Toys for Tots for many years- I can't even walk into a shriners burn unit and not get choked up with tears seeing these kids- it just breaks my heart.
Anyone who volunteers, donates and works with children in my eyes is one high-class human The biggest decision any child should make is which toy to play with.

Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

thanks Beergut, I'd like to shake your hand one day too.

On the lighter side, as long as Doug keeps me supplied with a new ATV and tires I can't think of anything else I need. LOL

I also hand out Jelly of the Month memberships, its the gift that keeps on giving.

Old 12-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

charitable donation

Best gift ever.

Thats a very nice thing you do, in Sask we have a Telethon called Telemiracle every year in March, that's what we give to.

I just bought me a new 850 XP a few weeks ago so that's all I get, the wife says don't expect much, lol.

I got the wife a new helmet and I knew that would be just what she wanted So I am also installing central vac in our house, she has been bugging me for one of those for a while now.

My Daughter is getting a new 110 Gio mini hummer that I bought for her way back at the start of Oct and have actually kept it a secret as hard as that's been, I want to just give it to her already, I have no patience, lol.

I paid a little more for it being that I got it from a dealer and not mail order but I got 1 year warranty and any problems just take it back and they will fix it, 5 mins from my house, to me it's worth the convenience to pay a little more and let them deal with any issues it has, got it for $875.00 tax in with the helmet and goggles, I know online I think they go for around $600 without the helmet and goggles.

Here is a pic of her on it when we were looking, I went back later that day and got it, funny thing is she doesn't like my new 850, she says she just wants the little blue one we looked at, I gave her the whole line that we can't afford it right now, she is gonna go nuts when she see's it

The boy will get her old toys

He wants a remote control boat so if he's lucky I might look for one of those, the water is a little hard this time of year but he doesn't seem to care

Quick Reply: Any "big spenders" this Christmas season?