General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.
View Poll Results: Poll: Do you facebook?
Yes- I facebook
61.76%
No- I don't facebook
38.24%
Still deciding- I plan on trying facebook soon.
0%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

poll: Do you Facebook?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011 | 01:29 PM
Range Rover

I use FB and don't mind it, my wife went and signed me up for it a few years ago, I agree there is a lot of BS on there, I know a few friends that it has caused problems for, not me so far, lol

As a truck driver gone on the road 3 or 4 days a week I use it to talk to my wife or friends, cell phone calls from the US to Canada are really pricey and FB is free so it works for me, I also use it to upload photo's on and then copy and paste them from FB to whatever forum it might be, I am on the Checkmate boats forum more than anything else, actually most of my friends on FB are from the Checkmate forum, lol

This next bit may sound a little strange and is a long story but here goes, the short version.

My Dad's Dad left when my Dad was only a few months old and they never seen him again, then I guess a few years later he knocked another women up and left her too, My dad was raised as an only child as was this guy, so turns out that my Dad has a half brother that is just 2 years younger than him, 59 and 57 ,Just by luck my Mom found this guy last year, where else but on Facebook, lol, my Grandpa was a real winner

He is coming from Alaska to meet us for the first time on Dec 28th, he has kids my age too, really looking forward to them spending a few days with us.

Probably never would have happened without FB, as annoying as it can be, I do miss when people used to pick up the phone and call My wife is totally addicted to it

Old 12-14-2011 | 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I'd be comfortable enough with it but I don't want to have to clear a thousand "let's be friends" messages from people I haven't met. At least on the forums I can take my time and get to know a little bit about someone before we go on a ride. It's enough for me.

BTW, how are you feeling? I still wince when I think of your accident.
Hey Moose, I have my ups and downs although my separated shoulder hasn't hurt me a bit. There has been a wicked knot in my upper back hurting like hell but that seems like it may be starting to loosen up now. Or maybe it's just the drugs talking... Saw orthopedic surgeon today and he sentenced me to 3 more weeks in the sling hoping the ligament will re-attach itself. Time will tell.

Old 12-14-2011 | 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

I don't use facebook, and don't really plan on using it any time soon. I admit that I don't know too much about it, but it is surprising to me how addicting these social media sites can be. Maybe it shouldn't be that surprising though, being as this forum is pretty much a social media site as well, and i spend more time here than I need to.

I got involved with a tragic incedent in our town, where the police were in a stand off with a distraught person. The Police had him trapped in his car, with the road blocked. He eventually came out of his car shooting, and the police took him down. It turned out that he had spent the last twenty minutes of his life updating his face book status, while he was barricaded inside his car. I couldn't help but think, what a complete waste of the last twenty minutes you're going to live, spending it updating your status on facebook. My god man, there has to be something more important than that in your life.

Old 12-14-2011 | 02:32 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Originally Posted by cncpro
Hey Moose, I have my ups and downs although my separated shoulder hasn't hurt me a bit. There has been a wicked knot in my upper back hurting like hell but that seems like it may be starting to loosen up now. Or maybe it's just the drugs talking... Saw orthopedic surgeon today and he sentenced me to 3 more weeks in the sling hoping the ligament will re-attach itself. Time will tell.
Good to hear your healing, albeit slowly. Sure beats the alternative.

Old 12-14-2011 | 03:26 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fb has its place, just like the forums. Its great for setting up rides among friends. But the drama sucks, that is why you can hide people and not be friends with them. As a contractor a fb page can get you a lot of work. You can post pics of the cool things you build. It also allows customers to interact with you so they dont forget ya. I wouldnt want all of my customers on my page, some of them are nuts. I also use it in the same way with other contractors.

Old 12-14-2011 | 03:51 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.

Originally Posted by DesertViper
My god man, there has to be something more important than that in your life.

not for him

Old 12-14-2011 | 04:09 PM
|
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

Originally Posted by jgar
Fb has its place, just like the forums. Its great for setting up rides among friends. But the drama sucks, that is why you can hide people and not be friends with them. As a contractor a fb page can get you a lot of work. You can post pics of the cool things you build. It also allows customers to interact with you so they dont forget ya. I wouldnt want all of my customers on my page, some of them are nuts. I also use it in the same way with other contractors.
that can also work against you jgar- other contractors looking to out bid you could slam your work easily- or if one customer isn't happy, no matter how hard you try to fix the situation- they will screw you. I've been there before
You might have 20 positive comments about your business posted... but just one neg comment and you'll lose at least one potential client over it.

Old 12-14-2011 | 06:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by beergut
that can also work against you jgar- other contractors looking to out bid you could slam your work easily- or if one customer isn't happy, no matter how hard you try to fix the situation- they will screw you. I've been there before
You might have 20 positive comments about your business posted... but just one neg comment and you'll lose at least one potential client over it.
That is a good point BG.
Iam on a contractor forum, the forum has a marketing section and a 59 page thread on why fb is so great for marketing. So I asked the ? who has been slamed on fb by customers. Should be interesting.

Old 12-14-2011 | 06:41 PM
Moto Psycho

I was on facebook earlier this year and someone hacked my account. I closed my account and someone else reactivated it and hacked it again. I was finally able to delete the account. At least I think I did. It was just a big waste of time anyway.

Old 12-14-2011 | 07:23 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
This is my social media outlet. If you can't use it, you probably won't hear from me.

Rotary phones still work in your neck of the woods Might as well just send smoke signals or morse code

facebook has it's place. It's actually a great tool for marketing especially for websites, manufacturers and retailers in the power sports industry. What's amazing is that some people when asked will tell you facebook is the internet! They never do anything on a computer but facebook.

Quick Reply: poll: Do you Facebook?