General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Edge 90cc new to the game

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 06:22 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great advise!

Hey thanks, I'll take your advise and ask friends and neighbors before paying top $$$. Once I find out what what's wrong I'll let you know so that we can share it with others.
Thanks for your help.

Old 06-11-2013, 05:45 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well? Still waiting.....

Old 06-16-2013, 07:32 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question

Hi DeeDawg, I took your advise and haven't run to waist me hard earned cash on an over priced shop. I've been super busy with other projects but keep the ATV in the back of my mind. I was wondering, would this atv have a contact breaker assy? I bought a Honda owners manual because I read that the engines were the same. I found out that's not really true. In any case if this engine does have a contact breaker assy that needed adjustments, wouldn't that affect the starting or lack of? Also, if I removed the wiring to the tether, would that be enough to make the atv think it doesn't need it? One last question, the pin on the brake handle is pushed down but I can see the unit rock forward when I try to start it. Ok, I'm going to get back in the saddle and try to figure this darn thing out!
Thanks for checking in on me.

Old 06-17-2013, 02:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by casper510
Hi DeeDawg, I took your advise and haven't run to waist me hard earned cash on an over priced shop. I've been super busy with other projects but keep the ATV in the back of my mind. I was wondering, would this atv have a contact breaker assy? I bought a Honda owners manual because I read that the engines were the same. I found out that's not really true. In any case if this engine does have a contact breaker assy that needed adjustments, wouldn't that affect the starting or lack of? Also, if I removed the wiring to the tether, would that be enough to make the atv think it doesn't need it? One last question, the pin on the brake handle is pushed down but I can see the unit rock forward when I try to start it. Ok, I'm going to get back in the saddle and try to figure this darn thing out!
Thanks for checking in on me.

To be honest - those questions are over my head

I don't believe you have a contact breaker but simple have not dug that deep into it.

The engine should run - or at least seem like it wants to run - if you have spark and gas.

Again - I would take it to someone who knows a bit about engines - maybe offer to work out a deal mow his lawn or what ever if he gets the engine running...