General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

2002 440ex starting issue,help brothers!

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 02:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 440ex starting issue,help brothers!

So hear it is ,I have rebuilt the hole bike with the 440 kit. changed plug and new CDI,new starter sil,all fuses,and starter,and new gel batt.

I fired up the bike with ease drove it for a day no prob, next day out after shutting down the bike I could see the neutral light fading hard,I went to start the bike and nothing , a few clicks from the starter cil so I pull out my screw driver and bridge the gap and nothing.I let the bike cool down and watched the light and it slowly got brighter,I hit the start button boom she fires up fine, I let the bike idle and pull off fenders to get at the wires and move them around when the bike is running to watch the light and see the neutral light flicker, so when I get home I change out the wire and the green light is brighter than ever. Hit the start bike fires up great ,I watch it idle tell engine is warm shut off the bike and go to start and nothing again,
So it starts fine every time and can be run hard for hr but when shut off nothing tell it has time to come right down to a cool temp. I have tried 2 CDI's I have that are good, 2 starter cils I have that both are good and a new batt,all fuses brand new.
also when it will not start and the neutral light is week I took a small ball hammer and tapped all over the bike and the vibration from the shock will make the neutral light dance. I have changed every box twice and still no luck. Any info guys would be a big help in gettin back in the bush again.