General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Dual sport/face shield helmet good for trail riding,anyone use one?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dual sport/face shield helmet good for trail riding,anyone use one?

Im getting ready to order my helmet and not sure how I feel about wearing goggles. I seen this helemet,people say its pretty decent for the money...
https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/p...orcycle-Helmet

Love the looks of it ,its DOT approved,wont break my wallet,so im thinking why not. But before I order I figure I would ask to see if anyone else tried these type of helmets out for utility atv trail riding? If so would you recommend it? Also if some parks are rules heavy,would that face shield count as eye protection?

I think it would be fine,but only two things I worry about..They say it vents really well and keeps you cool,but Im not sure seeing how I will be traveling around 15-30mph,think it would get too hot?
Also think it would let alot of dust in from the trails to the eyes?

Im not sure,they say you can also wear goggles with it if worse come to worse,seems like a good deal,but what do you think?

Old 03-19-2015, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Knows Old ATV Questions!
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I actually like to wear some quality goggles. Plus when they get muddy you can change them out quick or even use roll or tear offs for clear vision. That helmet will work too. I used a face shield back in the day and survived. Just couldn't imagine riding without goggs anymore though.