General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Old shop gone down in flames.. :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2016, 05:21 AM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Old shop gone down in flames.. :(

Didn't learn about it until late Saturday. Pretty well gone. Show room only thing basically left but heavily water and smoke damaged. Service area,storage buildings destroyed.Fire started somewhere in one of the storage buildings. Talked to my nephew the owner again last night and it's still too early for any sort of plans on what to do. Sad situation for all the guys and sad for the community. Stared out in 1987 with just he and I in a small rented building and were able to build this new building in 1995 and he continued expanding even up until the day I retired. Such is the things in life that you have to go through. I'm sure he'll pick up and start over,but it will take a little time.Watch: Crews battle explosive fire at Lancaster motorcycle dealership | Dallas Morning News

Old 08-02-2016, 06:55 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's sad..... sorry.......

Old 08-02-2016, 07:13 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

I hadn't heard anything about this.

Sad to see it go.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:49 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Hate to see it when people loose their hard work and living that way

Old 08-02-2016, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Wow... Sorry to hear about your son's loss. Glad no workers were hurt and that the firemen are okay. Hope things can get back to where they were pretty quickly.

Old 08-02-2016, 11:49 AM
Off Road Builderaholic

Lets hope the insurance comes through for them
rebuilding is not easy its devastating

Old 08-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 410Customs
Lets hope the insurance comes through for them
rebuilding is not easy its devastating
So true.. After the main building slab was poured and the metal walls and roof was installed,he and I framed up the interior walls, sheet rocked,hung all the commercial grade doors. I hung all the grid ceilings myself,dropped in the ceiling tile and insulation. We had plenty of experience doing this as we were both in commercial construction for years prior to the atv business. He was in it for about 10 years,I was in it for right at 20. Plus all the horror stories on break ins and theft over the years.. Even secured like Fort Knox,we still had a couple wild ones. Wildest one was through a small 10" wide by 3' long vent in the shop roof. Thief removed the flashing and vent cover,squeezed through this small opening and dropped 12' to the floor. Was only able to make off with a few tools,no bikes or atvs. None of this compares with the fire though and what lays ahead in cleanup and rebuilding.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

That stinks!

Old 08-02-2016, 02:59 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks and it's going to affect a lot of people. My sympathy to all of the families involved.

Old 08-02-2016, 06:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Very sorry for your family's loss. Fire is one of the worst things as nothing is left. Now I just hope the insurance co man's up and gets things done correctly and quickly. Unfortunately in my experiences and friends experience the dealings with the ins co is probably going to be worse than the fire. Keep a stiff upper as they say as least no one was hurt, and the mechanical things can be replaced !!

Quick Reply: Old shop gone down in flames.. :(