General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

Carburetor upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2016, 09:39 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carburetor upgrades

Got a few questions for yall. I'm a good diy'er, but know nothing about carbs. and new to atv's in general. I got my son a 125 Coolster for his birthday last year. And before yall start, I know. I should have got a Honda. I was short on money, it was his birthday and I wasn't sure he would use it. Plus he'll outgrow it. A year later exactly and he still don't ride much, rather play video games and watch youtube. Anyway. ....

The Coolster has been a decent atv for what it is and what use it'll see with my son and younger daughters around our land. I just ordered new sprockets 12t front and 48 rear and a better chain for the new application. Trying to get better low end power. It's plenty fast, but weak. Mostly due to the automatic gearing. Seems like it's always in 2nd or 3rd gear. Figured sprockets would help some.

As you'd expect, the carb is junk on these things. You can only adjust 1 screw. The rest are sealed. I'm not sure what this one screw adjusts, but it'll change the idle. When you accelerate( full throttle from a stop), it'll bog down. Figured it was a carb issue

The carb is a pz20. I'm not sure what pz is. If it's a brand, type or size. Hopefully someone can tell me. I'm guessing the 20 is for 20mm. Can I upgrade and get a 22mm and bigger just by swapping carbs, or will I need to change everything?

What are some other upgrades I can give this little Chinese quad more power? I want to keep the speed, but willing to sacrifice a little for more hill climbing and trail riding. I've read about sprockets, cdi, carbs, etc. Just not sure where to start with the carb sizes and models.

Thanks in advance

Old 10-09-2016, 08:38 AM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My friend bought his kid a new 110 China ATV (Forget the make) but they gave him the option to have a Mikuni carburetor for a extra $50 rather than it's stock carb.

You can ask if your ATV has the same option.