General Chat Ask for ATV help above in the Brand Discussions Area. Use this forum to discuss Life, Music, ETC. Or discuss pretty much anything BUT no political or religious threads. There's an area for that.

MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 08:22 AM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

If I had to eat all that food I would become to fat to ride! With the excitement of being out on the trails and riding I dont have that big of an appetite. When home bored is when I eat more than I should!

Old 02-17-2019, 10:16 AM
Pro Rider
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Have grill will travel!! Up north direction that is!
My Suzuki ATV dealer, salesman, personally delivered my oil/filter kit, to my home, all the way out from Ypsilanti! Very friendly helpful group! They also offered, I didn't ask for that kind of delivery! How great is that! I also took the opportunity while he was here, to show him my odometer reading of 170 miles, to make sure now, the dealer has that recorded in my file, that the oil kit was bought within the suggested warranty time!
Also he put my mind at ease, for my having installed these big/heavy aggressive 12'' rear tires, by reassuring me that with even their size, and heavy weight of 30#'s, that this machine shouldn't have any problems with them, for long hard trail ridding! PHEW.... that was a real load off my mind, since reading where heavier tires could cause clutch, belt problems, and too, if I have those kind of mechanical problems in the future, my dealer was well aware, and had approved, beforehand.
I'm still going to put on a much liter sand type of rear tires, just to give me a liter rear end on quad, for quicker response for whipping around trees, roots, rocks, and for speed on trail and most important, for hill climbing, like Bull Gap where there's so much rear tire burning/spinning in all that heavy, deep and lite sand! Sometimes we spend hours there, and in many areas like that where these heavy tires, just won't work! I want to leave a impressive roost when there, like I always did on the ol Quadzilla years back! I'v got to pull those videos from many of our DVD, and from my mini camcorder from 95 that's on 8mm tapes. Yeah go ahead and laugh....I'll show ya lol

Old 02-17-2019, 12:24 PM
Pro Rider

Dont think you will ever get the torque out of you KQ like you did from Quadzilla. 4 strokes just cant wind up like them oke 2 strokes could. Those heavier tires wont make a big difference with the power you have availiable in the KQ. Sounds like you have an exceprional dealer to be that concerned about there customers. I have never had a powerfull machine to run well in sand. Been to silver lake a couple times but found it quite boring. I will take a technical wooded trail anytime!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'm in for getting back in some woods there myself, I'm so ready after this long as... winter! that I'm about ready to gnaw down a tree with my bare/bear teeth, is how ready I am lol Now I'm going to go outside and do a ''get the hell out of here winter'' Indian dance! Then I'll perform a ''bring it on, early spring/summer dance''....that's the order you must do it in, for it work! I better do it fast, its beginning to snow here any minute now, Rochelle just said she heard sleet/hail like pellets on siding, with expected 1-3'' snow tonight, on into 6am tomorrow morning!

Old 02-17-2019, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Consider your dance as exercise as the woodchuck and morher nature say winter isnt done yet! With the crappy winter we are having I to would like to see summer weather get here. If we had some good snow to play in then that would be a different story. To early to make many riding plans, it gets me to worked up and wanting to go. Just be sure your dances require clothing, hate to have your neighbors call you out for being crazy!

Old 02-17-2019, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider
Old 02-17-2019, 08:49 PM
Pro Rider

Looks like chief feather brains! You gonna ve dressed like that dancing around the campfire?

Old 02-18-2019, 12:21 AM
THE BERMINATOR
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 4-tracker
I'm in for getting back in some woods there myself, I'm so ready after this long as... winter! that I'm about ready to gnaw down a tree with my bare/bear teeth, is how ready I am lol Now I'm going to go outside and do a ''get the hell out of here winter'' Indian dance! Then I'll perform a ''bring it on, early spring/summer dance''....that's the order you must do it in, for it work! I better do it fast, its beginning to snow here any minute now, Rochelle just said she heard sleet/hail like pellets on siding, with expected 1-3'' snow tonight, on into 6am tomorrow morning!
It was snowing here about the same time. They said something like 1" during the day and 1"-2" at night and it could have rain mixed in. But it's only 21 degrees now and they're saying accumulation about 1". I may just shovel my sidewalk and not plow the driveway. If I do plow I really have make sure I slow down when I get to my snow pile. I shoveled a little from the very front and threw it on top when I chopped up all that ice the other day. After it melted a little and cooled off again it was like a knee high brick wall*. No pushing snow up on top with the plow now.

ETA: *against the front of a 10' wide boulder.

Old 02-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Pro Rider

Once again our snow storm turned out to be a heavy dusting, enough to give everything a good coat but nothing worth playing in. This has been going on long enough that I am sure mother nature is on a permanent high from all that new weed smoke floating across michigan...lol. Gotta makes you wonder what she will have in store for us this spring and summer? Ice and snow in July? Mabey we will have Christmas in July!!

Old 02-18-2019, 10:41 AM
Pro Rider

We got close to 3'' all together since yesterday, in the ''GREAT WHITE NORTH here! I can't understand why anyone would live south of our border....Must be some of that wacky tabakee weed blowing their way, and has them confused....come on out of that heave smokey cloud down there and come on up, to our fresh northern ATV country trails, as our lic plates once stated WINTER, WATER, WONDERLAND. Truer words have never been spoken lol
Still dan'cen

Headed back out to plow more of our heavily, snow covered, sidewalks/trails lol Its getting pretty deep around here lol

Quick Reply: MICHIGAN need riding friend/buddy over 50