General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 10:12 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Without a doubt, the first thing I would do is replace the stock air filter system. After riding in Turkey Bay on a really dusty day, I took it off because my pipe/intake kit had come in. I am not sure the stock system was keeping ANY dust from getting through. The whole inside of the air boot between the filter and carb was covered with dust. Now my buggy smokes (alot) everytime it sits for more than 15 minutes. So apparently the valve guides are worn. This would be another good excuse to get that yerf dog head if I can track it down. Oh well, it stops smoking for the most part after 5 min.

Old 10-27-2004, 10:15 AM
Range Rover

Oh, yeah, on the way through the garage this morning I checked my rear sprocket. I think it was 39 tooth but I may have mis-counted. My tires say 22x10x10 but I measured and they are more like 21. I am happy with the way the square shaped tires handle, not too good in the creek though. Also, they seem really heavy with those big steel 10" rims. I am not sure I am getting the top speed you guys are.

Old 10-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: REMike
It was only hard to the extent that KPX is a bunch of knuckleheads and they will lie until the cows come home about having done something. They told me 3x that they would take care of getting me the part but days went by and nothing. They finally hired a new shipping/parts guy who only after receiving my defective crankcase cover via UPS sent me the replacement, but I had to call him after it sat there for a day to motivate him.

I actually like the kart and find it very east to work on. i recently added a speedometer ($10), foam padding on all the pipe that surrounds the driver and a new homemade air intake after a day in the mud bog.

Max speed was observed at 34.7 mph with the digital speedo. If my air cleaner works well and I add a pipe and rejet I hope to pick up a few mph.

I think the guys at KPX must be a real problem. I contacted Toy Junkies about the Xterro and they stated that they aren't going to carry it any more because KPX is too difficult to deal with!!! Bummer!

Old 10-27-2004, 02:06 PM
Trailblazer

It's amazing, they have a product that many people want and they can't seem to get their act together in order to profit from the demand. This is nothing more than a case of poor management. I got the impression when I called that the average age of the person I was dealing with was 25 or younger. A bunch of guys in a warehouse who figured out how to buy product from China. I'm not putting them down because they are young, hell I was young once...hehe, they are just lousy business people with no experience. Case in point, they had to change their alias 3x on Ebay because of the negative feedback.

The good news is, I can probably find a different source for parts like Carter Bros if these clwns go belly up.

Old 10-27-2004, 02:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: REMike
It's amazing, they have a product that many people want and they can't seem to get their act together in order to profit from the demand. This is nothing more than a case of poor management. I got the impression when I called that the average age of the person I was dealing with was 25 or younger. A bunch of guys in a warehouse who figured out how to buy product from China. I'm not putting them down because they are young, hell I was young once...hehe, they are just lousy business people with no experience. Case in point, they had to change their alias 3x on Ebay because of the negative feedback.

The good news is, I can probably find a different source for parts like Carter Bros if these clwns go belly up.
True... I'm sure Carter Bros will help with parts... since most will be interchangable... and there are other sellers out there too.

So the ones on e-bay are them then?? MOTORSPORTSFANATICS I think the name is now... there are a few nasty comments there already, but still maintaining 96% or so... thought it was strange that a good number of the buyers have zero buying history though. Then you have the fact that their auctions are all listed as PRIVATE so you can't see the details... isn't that interesting. Certainly doesn't garner trust in the sale... that's for sure.

What were their other handles that they sold under... any idea??? This current one did just spring up out of nowhere, apparantly.

What did they charge you to ship that single seater? Was it shipped to home, or to a depot?

-Steve

Old 10-27-2004, 03:19 PM
Trailblazer

KPX used hardcorescooters when I bought mine and shortly after my auction ended it was gone. It's easy to track them as their auctions are identical. The charged $300 and shipped to a local Yellow Freight Terminal. I have a trailer and the terminal was 1/2 mile from my office so it was no big deal. In retrospect, had I known then what I know now about KPX I would have gone elsewhere, OTOH $1325 was tough to pass up so I justified the bs because of the price.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Doing a little detective work, I found that this guy likes to blab about himself on the net. Here he is, the guy that runs the place:

Oh yeah, he's 26 years old, 6 foot 1, and 185 lbs, according to his bio.

The economic system of China is not Communist (4.00 / 1) (#245)
by dogeye on Sun Aug 10th, 2003 at 11:47:21 PM EST
http://www.hardcorescooters.com

It is basically a free market economy. They are members of the WTO, which I believe will not accept countries with communist economic policies.
I run a small business that purchases items from factories in China. At one of these factories, the workers work 12 hours a day, 7 days a week. So they may get more vacation time than us, but they sure as hell work more hours per year. By the way, these workers are paid $60/month, but they get free room and board. The factory is near Hong Kong. Of course, it's possible that the factory owner is lying to me about these hours/wages.
http://www.hardcorescooters.com Love Life.
[ Parent ]

.17 cents per hour by psinpsycle, 08/13/2003 02:50:55 AM EST

Old 10-27-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

Oh yeah, and this is a great one... he has as social phobia disorder... so don't push him too hard, he might snap!

Ricky Williams, the Miami Dolphins running back (4.00 / 1) (#316)
by dogeye on Sun Sep 7th, 2003 at 09:33:55 PM EST
http://www.hardcorescooters.com

Ricky Williams suffers from this. He has an interesting website, http://www.runrickyrun.com, where he talks about overcoming the problem.
I have a mild case of Social Anxiety Disorder. I'll always have it, I suppose, but one thing that has helped me out is the confidence I have gained from working out every day.
http://www.hardcorescooters.com Love Life.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Trailblazer

Holy Smokes,
Your post prompted me to Google hardcorescooters and I came up with the same posts as well as a few more that listed David Peterson who is the guy I dealt with. I'm more impressed that I guessed his age within 1 year.

Old 10-27-2004, 03:56 PM
Pro Rider

Gotta love google... here are the user names

The box below contains the User IDs that this member has used on eBay.

This person's no longer a registered eBay user.

User ID Effective Date End Date

hardcorescooters Sep-09-03 Not a registered user

kpxmotorsports Jan-30-03 Sep-09-03

valuemotorsports Oct-17-02 Jan-30-03

I think these guys are possibly different then the seller on E-Bay now??? Not sure.

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart