General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 10:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

I bought a sahara from a local dealer,good expeience so far. But they are definatly 150cc

Old 05-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

sorry to change the subject
hi there names david from melbourne australia.
recently purchased a twister hammerhead 2005 model for about $2500 australian. i have read through the forums and agree with some of the comments regarding the carts power. It is a bit dissapointing and recently have been looking at a replacment engine preferrable an automatic. say about a 300cc. hoping an atv engine could fit without too many headaches. has anyone attempted anything like this?? if its impossible for an engine change how else can i get some more power out of a 150cc motor. other than the exhaust. i found 2 sites check these out
www.turbonator.com or
www.tornadoair.com
anyone used these parts? would they work on a twister? is this possible?
although i reckon the cart is well built, jumps well, and good fun but that extra 100cc would be perfect....

Old 05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: oztwister
sorry to change the subject
hi there names david from melbourne australia.
recently purchased a twister hammerhead 2005 model for about $2500 australian. i have read through the forums and agree with some of the comments regarding the carts power. It is a bit dissapointing and recently have been looking at a replacment engine preferrable an automatic. say about a 300cc. hoping an atv engine could fit without too many headaches. has anyone attempted anything like this?? if its impossible for an engine change how else can i get some more power out of a 150cc motor. other than the exhaust. i found 2 sites check these out
www.turbonator.com or
www.tornadoair.com
anyone used these parts? would they work on a twister? is this possible?
although i reckon the cart is well built, jumps well, and good fun but that extra 100cc would be perfect....
Go back and read this entire post. These little engine respond very well to pipes and internal modifications. Not only are the mods simple. But they are also cheap.

Old 05-07-2005, 12:08 AM
Pro Rider

Or just do what several others I've run across have done, and gut the pipe for more flow... add the higher jetting, and get the UNI filter... Good results and very cheap.

-Steve

Old 05-07-2005, 06:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

thats the 1 thing i really dont understand. higher jetting. and gutting the pipe. ive read through the forum (took about 2 hours) and couldnt get any detailed explination. thanks raptoraz and hopsterguy

Old 05-07-2005, 09:06 AM
Weekend Warrior

I also read thru and dont fully understand all the mods either.

Old 05-11-2005, 11:10 AM
Weekend Warrior

just brought a pod filter for my twister. should i remove the air box completely and run the ducting straight to the carby with the pod on the end.
or just remove the stock air filter and put the pod on the end of the duct.
which would work better
thanks

Old 05-11-2005, 11:19 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen both done. Better air flow if you remove everything totally. People have found muffler extentions at car shops that fit about right and then weld a little arm on it so it can bolt right up to the existing frame mount.

Originally posted by: oztwister
just brought a pod filter for my twister. should i remove the air box completely and run the ducting straight to the carby with the pod on the end.
or just remove the stock air filter and put the pod on the end of the duct.
which would work better
thanks

Old 05-11-2005, 12:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

cool thanks for your help

the other thing i really dont understand. higher jetting. and gutting the pipe. ive read through the forum (took about 2 hours) and couldnt get any detailed explination. can i mod the exhaust without buying a new one from the states being from australia and all.

Old 05-14-2005, 07:54 PM
Trailblazer

Does anyone know if the Titan II 250cc Kart is any good? I keep waiting for Twister to come out with their 250cc model but have not seen any mention of it in a while. Thanks

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart