General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2004, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

I don't think so... asearch of Ebay turned up this auction...no doubt this is them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...497544824&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...497544801&rd=1

OTOH, this appears to be a similar kart but NOT KPX

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...497359689&rd=1

Old 10-27-2004, 04:21 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: REMike
I don't think so... asearch of Ebay turned up this auction...no doubt this is them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...497544824&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...497544801&rd=1

OTOH, this appears to be a similar kart but NOT KPX

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46105&item=2497359 689&rd=1

Yeah, the first two were the ones I was looking at. I guess it is him. I really like that two seater... Sounds like you were lucky and you got it in a timely manner, anyhow.

The single seater on the bottm there looks really cool... mainly I like the seat, not as crazy about the style otherwise. Pretty cool videos on the products main webpage if you follow the links. Man, a lot of these are coming out on the market!

-Steve

Old 10-27-2004, 04:28 PM
Trailblazer

I can just picture the sweat shop in Bejing. 200 Chinese feverishly working to turn out these karts so great Americans can get their rocks off. Oh what a sight!

Old 10-27-2004, 04:33 PM
Pro Rider

I know, huh? I fly radio control planes as well, and it's the same situation. Keeps the plane prices cheap, that's for sure!

Karts, planes, and nike sneakers at the expense of 60 year old women in Taiwan.

Other than that, I'd really like more of the 250 and 300 cc models to come out... thinking I can't wait though. Double seat would be ideal, though they seem heavy. Single seat and I would really be in trouble, as my excuse of bringing the kids along just went out the door. The evil eye is always lurking. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

-Steve

Old 10-27-2004, 06:13 PM
Range Rover

thats the dude I talked to on the phone. thanks for the heads up. He quoted $1,800 including shipping on the phone but when I e-mailed him it was $1,700? $1625 including shipping is a pretty good bargain considering what you get. Heck I figure if I do blow it up I still have a disc brake equipped chassis waiting for a bigger engine! I actually was impressed by how good these things handle. I can't see how the carter xtv would handle as good and it doesn't have reverse. The wheelbase on these buggies are shorter and more weight on the front wheels. Your feet are out in front or near the tires. I definetly like the looks of the kpx single seat better than my buggy, the whole rollbar and front end just looks cooler.

Old 10-27-2004, 06:33 PM
Trailblazer

KPX pulls stuff out of their as* and when you catch them in a lie they change the subject. Their Ebay listing says they use BAX Global for shipping, however, a week after the auction was over and I still couldn't get any info they finally gaveme the number of a freight forwarded they use who said it would ship Yellow. We can tell stories back and forth all day long but suffice it to say these folks are less than straight forward and there is inherent risk in doing business with them. Oh yea, KPX advertised a 6 mon warranty but when I got the paper work it said 90 days, I called them on it and they regenerated an invoice showing 6 mos...IMHO it's not worth the paper it's printed on.

Unless you think it's a major issue, I would look past some of the design elements of competing karts and make sure the mfg. that you choose is reputable and can support the product. I guess what I have found is that karts are distributed and sold by second tier dealers, unlike the major Japanese bike and atv dealers and you need to be prepared for less than a first rate experience. The good news is that they are fairly easy to repair and pretty tough as well. I like your thought should the motor quit.

FYI, I'm home with the flu so in the future don't expect my reponses to be so timely...I actually do go to work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah... I'm pretty good with my hands, and my line of work is fighting people all day... so I might just go for it. And that larger engine thing sounds good too!! heh...

Good luck with the flu, dude... I think it just started over here with someone in the house. I'm sure to get it soon.

-Steve

Old 10-27-2004, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer

Let's see...fighting people everyday. You are either a. law enforcement officer b. attorney c. go-go dancer. So which is it?

Old 10-27-2004, 08:59 PM
Pro Rider

A pharmacist [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

And the little old blue hairs ,incompetent doctors, and insurance companies are killing me slowly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

You would think the blue hairs would have a better sense of humor... I mean, seriously... their hair is blue. But most of them don't.

I think I'm up for it!

heh

Old 10-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Trailblazer

My recommendation...2 percoset should take care of the blue hairs

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart