General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

I have been watching this forum for quite a while. You guys have proved to be a wealth of information. I am ready to purchase a buggy, and am wondering if anyone has tried the 2005 KPX 250cc Teranex. It seems that the KPX model got good reviews from you, but I am a little worried with a brand new setup (250cc).

Old 05-17-2005, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

From sources that have been in china recently... it's still not in production believe it or not.

-S

Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

A Question to both Steve & Joe:

Both of you have mentioned that you have recently (within the last 6 months) purchased a Blade from Stu. Please let us know how these machines are performing, especially Steve who owns multiple buggies. I am also contacting Stu to discuss the Blade machines. I look forward to hearing your reports and comparisons.

Thanks,

Kevin

Old 05-19-2005, 08:40 PM
Weekend Warrior

Brettfl Wrote:
Does anyone know if the Titan II 250cc Kart is any good? I keep waiting for Twister to come out with their 250cc model but have not seen any mention of it in a while. Thanks

Hello everyone, I new here. I was reading another fourm the other night and TJ Powersports is going to be releasing the New 250cc Twister Hammerhead sometime in June. I was wondering, TJ had replaced our 2004 motor in our cart with the new 2005 motor, seems alot different, like there is a larger cam, it really sounds alot different. They sent out the new airbox kit and i put it on. My problem is that out of the hole it is a total dog. My sister in-law has the single seater, and we have the 2-seater. Before she would beat us, from the start with no problem and always win, with never catching up to her. If we are going about 10 mph and floor it, it takes a little to catch her but we end up passing her, and that has never happened before. The problem is that it would never be this slow out of the hole before. I was told that they kept the same 2004 carb on, and it seems to be starving for gas. We have adjusted the carb. Is there a differents between the 2004 and the 2005 carbs. They also put on the new reverse gear, would that make the difference?. I am going to order the eastside pipe and jet, or should i just change the jet. What size would work the best. The pipe is the 2004. I really do beleive it needs the full upgrade.

Thanks for all of your help.

Old 05-23-2005, 03:19 AM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know if Carter has a 250 comming out... and does the twister hammer 250 have the mods of the 05 model 150's? ie the snorkel thing, rims, console, ect? i see that both kpx and twister use a drive line type to power the rear axle.... is this better or worse then the single/double chain setups on a solid axle? I am in the military and consequently dont have alot of money so i will be saving for a while for the twister 250 if it has the new mods. Also has this 250 engine been tested, ie is it going to have the same piston problems as the 150's i read about earlier in this thread?? any help on these questions will help me out... thank you much... Sgt Chris Spratley, Fort Bragg NC

Old 05-24-2005, 09:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ok, I just bought a 05 Twister for oh no reason really. It is not near as powerfull as my Rhino or quad, but I expected that.
I read this whole thread also, someone give it to me simple, what is the best mods to make, and where to get them?
I bought the silver edition, it has rearview mirror, chrome rims, it is a pretty nice kart. It also have a nicer muffler than stock,
is it ok, or does it need to go?

Thanks

Paul

Old 05-30-2005, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider

I finished my wifes twister kart last month. I basically did a full chop and slash in the suspension/motor department. The radical swap of parts allows me to use our Polaris dealer for all spare parts. It'll gps 48mph on level asphalt. Test drove it at Dumont two days ago and it ran all over the the left dunes without paddles. I will get paddles before the next trip to Dumont in the fall. In the really soft stuff I would have liked more traction, plus my 24" rears were to tall for my gears/power in the sand.

I posted some pics.

--

Old 05-30-2005, 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where are the pictures?
What did you do?
We took this out and ran it this weekend. I liked it, I would love more power. I dont care about the money really if i can make it nice
and powerful?

what did you do?

Old 05-31-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

pics are on my profile page. they explain what I did faster than I can type.

I did the swap strictly for more power. My only problems with the stock kart were the reverse cable and some bolts coming loose. I wanted more power and a better suspension.

--

Old 05-31-2005, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

How does it run?
Is that a spedometer up there?
I noticed the british cars have digital speedo's wonder where you get those.

I am going to drop off our new Twister Silver edition, this next week and have them port and polish the intake and exhaust valves, and attempt to
put in a oversized piston, I wish I could impove the CVT?

I am also going to order the new 650 cart as soon as I can get one, that looks fun...

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart