General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart

The rear suspension is like floating on a cloud. Front is a little bouncy with the heavy duty front springs. I've got to change the front struts to something with more dampening. When I say bouncy, I'm referring to full throttle crossing deep whoops lasting for 3/4 mile. Regular terrain or trail riding, the front and rear work great.

Billet is an Air Fuel ratio gauge to make sure the jetting is real close. It also does a good job of reminding me when the air filter needs cleaned. We wheel anyfrom from sea level to 9,000ft, I like seeing my jetting.

--

Old 05-31-2005, 11:26 PM
Weekend Warrior

Where did you get the gauge. I am going to order the 650 tomorrow. Oh that should be fun..

Thanks.

Paul

Old 06-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Pro Rider

click this

The billet I bought was from a dune buggy shop. Just a plain ol' 2" gauge holder.

--

Old 06-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Range Rover

Awesome job Slowride! thats the best conversion I have seen.

Pholt, I didn't get much out of porting, your best bet for increased climbing power is milling the head, assuming of course you already put a pipe and new intake on it.

Also, there is no room for a larger piston, it is too thin. CVT mods are simple, you could just lighten the rollers for the easiest mod.

Mine could definetly benefit from more (and smoother) travel.

kell

Old 06-02-2005, 12:18 AM
Pro Rider

Thanks Kell.

The folks around here were not seeing my vision when I started, but it worked out pretty good. Once they drove the kart, they couldn't believe the radical change.

There are a few things I would have done different, but its a pretty good solution for the amount of power I have. On the polaris CVT, I went with a heavier spring to let the motor rev higher before it hits the belt. This gave the kart more snap out of the hole, kinda like a stall converter on a race car.

--

Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 AM
Range Rover

There has been a lot of talk on modifying the stock CVT by drilling out the rollers and also putting a .125" washer behind the driven spring to increase pressure.

My main gripe now is the suspension, mostly the front. It is just too harsh, not enough travel. They advertise 6" travel but it is more like 4" when the shock bottoms out. Your setup takes care of that though.

kell

Old 06-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: pholt
Where did you get the gauge. I am going to order the 650 tomorrow. Oh that should be fun..

Thanks.

Paul

What 650 are you getting? If you don't mind my asking, where and how much?

Old 06-03-2005, 12:27 AM
Pro Rider

Kell,

My new front suspension is nothing but comprimise. Basically, unless I wanted to add 12-16 inches of length to the kart, I couldn't get the front geometry to work out, especially with were the rack and pinion is mounted. So I took the easy route.

The Polaris front struts were a real simple mod. I did them in one day with nothing more than a weldor and metal saw. Luckily I had some heavy duty front springs in the garage because the stock Trail Boss springs couldn't support the weight of the front of the kart.

How fast does your kart run with all the mods? If we didn't play in the sand so much, I would have left it stock.

--

Old 06-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hi All, Just got a Kinroad Sahara 150cc single seater a month ago and have been following this thread even longer. Anyhow the kart is way under powered on hills as you all know so I want to get some more low end on it, dont care about more speed. So I called Eastside and talked to a Scott there about the HP kit some of you have mentioned on here. It sounded pretty good but how have any of you been making out with this setup? It seems a little pricey so would like to hear some more feedback befor I spend the bucks.. Scott also said they have a cam kit for these karts now, anyone tried that yet? Im in central Michigan and ride a lot of hills thats why I want more low end, also I bought the single seater because its 49" wide and ATV trail legal here 50" or less so that made the double too wide. Ill be looking to hear from anyone with any coments,. Thanks, Charlie

Old 06-08-2005, 12:21 AM
Trailblazer

YERF DOGS ARE CRAP TRUST ME the a-arms are HORRIBLE the suspension sucks..the brakes pshh thats the worst... and dont even get me going on the torque converter..that thing is american made but its possibly the worst machine ive owned in my life there customer service is herendous i had it for 3 months with 7 weeks in the shop cause the damn company kept sending wrong parts i returned it got 1119.99 and threw that money as a down payment..all i c an say is dont looka t yerf dog turn away and run

Quick Reply: twister hammerhead 150cc go off road go kart