General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

New 800cc Off Road Go kart

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2007 | 12:42 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New 800cc Off Road Go kart

Hey Rick,

Its sounds like you baught mine with the same problems. I have the 800cc Roketa also. It does take a while to brake in the motor. Probably about thirty hours. After the first hour my ignition also died. Once I fixed it, it still ran rough for quite a while. It sounds like the Ignition module inside the distributor. All of the parts from this buggy come from a 1987 Chevy Sprint Import. Local auto parts should have all the parts. Make sure you strap your rear shocks with 21" straps or you will have major problems. About the trani. I know of about 3-4 places the sell the Lower ratio trani.
Venom Motors?, Awesome Buggy( in stock), Unleashed Motorsports(in stock).

good luck Joe

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Joe you might want to check your source on the engine info for the Roketa's. IT is not a chevy sprint or a suzuki swift engine. It is a toyota block and a suzuki head. It was sold in China "ONLY" in a car that slips my memary rite now.
No american parts will fit this engine. It was never exported from China. Hours of research have led me to know who and where these are made. Your best bet for parts is to call Roketa in Onterio California (909)975-4488 ext. 207 and talk to Toby , he has helped me alought with my GK-D32. Good luck , Greg

Old 04-10-2007 | 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

hey bigkid, where ya from???

do you visit BN forum???

800cc was used in cars in europe as well.
I have manual downloaded to my laptop.

mike

Old 04-10-2007 | 11:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey mike , Its west coast "greg" from BN. Did you make it out for spring break. I e-mailed you where I was going but didnt hear from ya. We had a kick a$$ time at winchester bay.

Old 04-10-2007 | 11:48 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info, I will call Roketa, I know there is a shop real close to me in Lake Elsinore, anybody got the phone #? I want to check his hi-po stuff.

Thanks,

Rick

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:00 AM
Trailblazer

hey WC, internet went down, love the rural life dont ya know.

mike

Old 04-11-2007 | 12:25 AM
Weekend Warrior

10-4 on the rural life Mike , I love my 25 acres and dont need the big city crap. I will let you know when I'm headed your way next , we need to hook -up these buggys .

Rick if you want the best hi-pro parts go to letzgoracingoffroadcenter.com , Bryan is getting his site completed so be patient, his parts are worth the wait. I have his turbo kit on my 800 , and like is so much I now sell them.
E-mail me at spike2@peak.org and I will send you the dyno and some pictures. Greg

Old 05-27-2007 | 10:15 PM
Weekend Warrior

whats up everyone, I have been looking at the roketa 800cc 4 seater for my wife as an alternative to the jacked up unstable golf carts, and stumbled across this site, the one we have been looking at, as it was told to me is a geo metro 3 cyl, we drove it and it seems very fun to drive (although the shifter seems to need some brass bushings or short shift kit really sloppy) I am a BMW master Tech so I am familar with a wrench and not afraid to get my hands dirty with this thing, does anyone have the 4 seater and if so what are the known problems, or are they pretty much the same as the 2 seaters?

Old 05-27-2007 | 10:58 PM
Trailblazer

m3123

CHeck out super-kart.com or ljtech, both run by sean mcdonald. he has upgraded the old 800cc and his prices are hard to beat.

I am putting his latest brouchure in my photo album if you want to check it out.

Chris

Old 05-27-2007 | 11:11 PM
Weekend Warrior

thanks I will check it out there is a guy here in town that has the blue one and as a I said we drove it and had a great time in it, but its primary use would be a grocery getter/ get the kids to school type of thing and I didnt feel comfortable in the jacked up golf cart (are they really designed to do that?) they just felt way to tippy, so the owner of the shop worked us a hell of a price so I am difinatly considering it, I think however we will get a second set of rims and put street tires on it until it is ready to go off roading, anyhow I will check out his site Thanks John

Quick Reply: New 800cc Off Road Go kart