General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

New 800cc Off Road Go kart

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 09:38 PM
Trailblazer
Default New 800cc Off Road Go kart

my experience mirrors laymans, plus we installed extra cooling and a turbo. the roketa is the one we have and other than a few bugs we are happy with it.

mike

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:42 PM
Weekend Warrior

Does anyone know where I can get a windshieldfor a roketa gk 32?

John

Old 10-04-2007 | 04:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

Help!!!

I see a number of posts saying set the timing at 6-8 deg BTDC. I can't find a timing mark anywhere.... Am I missing something??? I moved the distributor by sound and feel, but want to be careful of not advancing it to much.

I looked in the manual people have referred to, but it says the timing is in Chapter 9-9 and that part of the manual is not posted....

Old 10-05-2007 | 01:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

Remove the rubber plug on the trani. Put a wrench on the crank by the alt. belt. Turn clockwise at the same time look through the unplugged trani. hole with a flashlight until you see numbered lines. Look for the no. 10. Go three lines clockwise there should be a white line . If not put one with some white out. Make sure key is off or disc. battarie.

good luck

Old 10-11-2007 | 08:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

First off, Thanks for all the useful information here.

Ive been looking at getting a gokart/dune buggy type deal to mess around with on my dads property. We have an ATV but the 800cc python or equivalent looks like a ton of fun, plus it claims to hold 2 adults.

Here are my questions:

FI or carbed?
Can a 6'4" guy fit in one?
What about 2 guys about 5'8-10" combined wieght of 380lbs?
Is the python from venom the same as a GK-A03?
I want to buy it from a place that has replacement parts and not some fly by night vendor, who is the most trusted?
Lastly i found a website powersportsmax and they have them from 4800-5400 which is the cheapest ive seen, however there have been some negative reviews of their business floating around, so who would you buy one from?

So you know where this will be used, we have dirt roads, 6' road ditches, small buttes, and rolling hills on farmland to use it. There will be no sandy type stuff, mostly just dirt and gravel. There are enough tractors around to build jumps, but i dont want to destroy it either so nothing crazy but it will get jumped.

i dont know if this link will post but this is the cheaper one i found, but it doesnt say if its FI or what tranny is in it.

http://www.powersportsmax.com/...o.php/products_id/557

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 10-11-2007 | 08:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

One quick note:

on the powersportsmax website there are two models. the GK-D32 and Gk-A03. im thinking the D32 is higher quality and 4800 sounds better then 6500 for the one at venom but im willing to spend more if there is a company backing the product.

Old 10-18-2007 | 06:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: flfiremedic

Does anyone know where I can get a windshieldfor a roketa gk 32?

John</end quote></div>

Any luck on the windshield?? I have been investigating putting one on with a piece of Lexan plastic and metal wire clamps. Let me know if you found something that works...

Ed

Old 10-20-2007 | 08:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

Ed,

It looks like I may have to do some fabriacation work. In FL, this type of vehicle can be street legal as long as the required equipment is on the vehicle. This means that the windshield has to AS1 safety glass. The same that is in any car. I spoke with an autoglass shop here in New Smyrna Beach and they will cut a flat piece of glass as long as I have a pattern. In addition, Bugpack makes a rubber glazing that is designed to secure a windshield into a tubular chassis. It is part #6049. I will keep you posted and take pictures of the process

John

Old 10-24-2007 | 07:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote>Originally posted by: flfiremedic

Ed,

It looks like I may have to do some fabriacation work. In FL, this type of vehicle can be street legal as long as the required equipment is on the vehicle. This means that the windshield has to AS1 safety glass. The same that is in any car. I spoke with an autoglass shop here in New Smyrna Beach and they will cut a flat piece of glass as long as I have a pattern. In addition, Bugpack makes a rubber glazing that is designed to secure a windshield into a tubular chassis. It is part #6049. I will keep you posted and take pictures of the process

John</end quote></div>

might want to look into using Polycarbonate instead. It is stronger than glass and might be more durable in the buggy. Polycarbonate windshield are popular here in AZ for 4X4s. I would think it might be a better answer for you.
-Ed

Old 10-24-2007 | 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info! Do you know if a polycarbonate windshield is considered safety glass under the NHTSA guidelines? The reason I am asking is that I want to make my buggy street legal and I do not want to run into problems during the inspection.

John

Quick Reply: New 800cc Off Road Go kart