General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Best Cart PERIOD?

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 12:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Cart PERIOD?

I'm considering an off-road cart for my Daughter. I know nothing about these rig's at all. I want the best of the best & no flame wars please. Got a link?
What is the safest & most durable? Big power a plus.

Thanks, MC

Old 09-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Weekend Warrior

Most all of the carts are made in China. Many brands are made in the same plant with only slight differences to make them look like different brands. Most are not very long lasting and parts can be hard to find.

I would look at buying a used Honda cart they made a 250cc and a 400cc. Both have full roll cages and can still be fixed at any honda dealer if they break. However, they stopped making them in the early 90's.

That said the new Yamaha Rhino 450 retails for $7895 and will hold its value very well. You will put more money in up front but will get it back when you go to sell.

You did not say how old your Daughter. She may not be ready for a Rhino yet.

If you do go for a "cheap cart" interview the dealer to see if they back the products they sell. Also , know going in that it will have very little resale value .

Joyner has the best cart line- up I have seen in AZ. They sell 150cc-1800cc that produce from 10- 95HP. They come in; 1, 2 and 4 seaters. teamjoynerusa.com

Good Luck!

Old 09-19-2006, 06:10 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the input. I found a 800cc cart on the web that looks interesting.

Old 09-23-2006, 11:17 PM
Trailblazer

I have the 800cc cheetah, I love the cart. It is more of an adult sized cart, My 15 year old daughter would have a problem reaching the pedals. I have a reveiw posted at buggynews.com if your interested.

THey are known for having some problems that need to be addressed when you get it, but after the modifications, they run good. If you read the thread here on the 800cc's it addresses some of them.

There are some good 250cc carts, try Carter, Joyner, Blade.

Chris

Old 10-17-2006, 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey buddy...if you are looking for the best cart period, you do have to go with a non-chinese motor. I'm not trying to sell my products specifically, but i do like the recommendations of the honda model that can be fixed anywhere.
Take a look at my website if you like, the all american sand rails..ie go karts are made here in the states and are reasonably priced for what they come with. The only problem with Joyner is the price he charges for his vehicles. Well and the whole..should he be put in jail for lying or not lying about EPA certification mess.
Let me know if you have any specific questions on any make or model of kart from any maker.
Good luck shopping!!

Team Trix Racing
teamtrix.com