General RUV / UTV Discussion Discussions about Gators, Mules, Rangers, Rhinos and other off-road recreational vehicles.

Mystery vehicle - Wu's Agricultural Carrier?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 05:29 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mystery vehicle - Wu's Agricultural Carrier?

Greetings all.

This is my first post and I've got a bit of a mystery for you.
A friend and I have just bought an interesting vehicle for peanuts on ebay:

We have not been able to find out very much about it. It's 4WD, powered by a 600CC petrol engine and we think it is one of these:

WU'S Agricultural Carrier

It was sold as a non-working project and we have not been able to find any information or manuals, or any sources of spares for it.

So far we have got the engine running, and we have engaged a forward gear and driven it a few yards. The cable-driven diff lock on the rear axle is stuck and there does not seem to be any drive to the front axle at all but there is definitely a differential/transfer case and drive shafts on the front so we believe that there is a fault. We currently have the axle off the vehicle and will be stripping that front diff this week to see what we find.

Does anyone recognise it? Googling for "Wu's Agricultural carrier" and "w-16" (the model number) hits nothing useful. We are sure the running gear must be based on that of another vehicle so spares may be available if we can figure out the equivalent part numbers. My guess is that it will be based on a quad bike or similar sized ATV.

Thanks in advance for the help. Hopefully someone might be able to identify it or maybe provide a more googleable name for it!

Ian

Old 09-18-2010, 11:05 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have a "wu". Not sure I can help. Ive never seen another one. Mines a litte different. I dont know how to attach a image.

Old 09-28-2010, 08:14 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for your reply. It's good to know that there is at least one more of these things in the universe!

I've just sent you an email.