Help With Forum Software! A Place to get Help with the Forum.

Error Message

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 07:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Error Message

I continue to get an error message whenever I'm on this site, the error message is "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" It then has a "Try again" button. I have to do that 4 or 5 times sometimes just to finally get the page to load. PITA! Is this a problem with the forums server or with the ISP server? I am on a dial-up connection and use firefox with add blocker for my browser.

I would also like to know how to put partial quote's in my posts as I see others do. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, HELP!

Thanks,
rancher55

Old 09-23-2009, 07:52 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by rancher55

I would also like to know how to put partial quote's in my posts as I see others do. I haven't figured out how to do that yet, HELP!

Thanks,
rancher55
When you say partial quotes, do you mean just quoting an entire post then editing out what you don't want?

Old 09-23-2009, 07:54 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I continue to get an error message whenever I'm on this site, the error message is "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" It then has a "Try again" button. I have to do that 4 or 5 times sometimes just to finally get the page to load. PITA! Is this a problem with the forums server or with the ISP server? I am on a dial-up connection and use firefox with add blocker for my browser.

Thanks,
rancher55
Originally Posted by Scootergptx
When you say partial quotes, do you mean just quoting an entire post then editing out what you don't want?
Or do you mean doing a multiple post?

The error messages, I have no idea. I know when they were on the old system and were having so many problems they lost quite a few members because of that. I do hope they get it figured out.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:01 AM
Pro Rider

I've seen multiple partial quotes in one post. Funride does it quite often when he replies to others posts.

I don't get the error message on any other sites, just this one!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

I continue to get an error message whenever I'm on this site, the error message is "The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading" It then has a "Try again" button.

Thanks,
rancher55

The error messages, I have no idea. I know when they were on the old system and were having so many problems they lost quite a few members because of that. I do hope they get it figured out.
I've seen multiple partial quotes in one post. Funride does it quite often when he replies to others posts.
To do a multiple quote and edit, next to the quote is the something that looks like 2 pages. Click on that, and a red dot should show up on it. Do that to every post you want in your reply. On the last one you want to quote, use the quote button. Then when the reply box comes up, you just edit out the parts that you don't want in there.

In Funride's case, that would be anything that resembles a fact.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

OK I've got the quote thing now! I never even noticed that other button be fore!

I've gotten the error message 8 times sense I first posted this question @ 5:48 am and it's now 6:15 am. Sometimes the whole page won't load either and say's "done" at the bottom of the screen so I have to refresh the page.
It' becoming a real PITA! I'm just about ready to start using Highlifter all the time!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

Oh yea, THANKS Scootergptx!

Old 09-23-2009, 08:29 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Most of the time, it just gives me the IB error page. Not doing it as bad as yours is, but still annoying.

Hate to see anyone leave the site, but would understand how annoying that is.

Have you sent an email to Internet Brands and let them know? The more people that do that, maybe the more serious they'll take the issue.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Pro Rider

I'll have to do that, I like the people that use this site and want to keep using it!

Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 AM
Pro Rider

I have written the webmaster and told them about the problem. Now lets see if it will get fixed!
9/24/09

Quick Reply: Error Message