Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

who likes the Rincon in stock trim?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2003, 03:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default who likes the Rincon in stock trim?

One half of me would put 27" Mudlites, an aftermarket exhaust, and a winch on it if I bought one...

the other half of me thinks that the larger tires (weight & grippyness) with the combined extra weight of the winch, would reduce the handling characteristics and sportyness of the quad; and leave it less able to blaze thru the trails....

I mean, we get into some mud, but we do more trail blazing than we do mudbogging.... so that makes me want to leave the stock tires on so the quad is lighter and slides better....

what do you all think?

Old 05-14-2003, 06:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought one and I am debating some of the same issues. I would like to have a winch, but I don't really want to add ~25lbs to the front end. I might get a K&N and jet kit, but I haven't decided whether or not I want to change the exhaust. I really don't want it to be much louder.

Old 05-14-2003, 09:53 PM
Trailblazer

My Dad has a Rincon with 27" Bi/Tri Claws on it and it was alot more fun to ride the trails with stock tires,but it doesn't go threw the mud with stockers as well as it does with the 27's!So I say leave it stock and have a blast!

Old 05-14-2003, 10:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got ITP ATR holeshot tires for my Rincon and they are awsome you still get the stock ride and they are more aggresive than the stockers.Try them you will love them.I have some pictures on my web site take a look.
My Rincon

Old 05-15-2003, 12:32 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When we replaced the tires on our Rubicon we bought Goodyear Mud Runners, same size as the originals. They are wider, stick out past the rims, and because of the aggressive tread they added alot in the looks department. Not going any larger we lost no power, and gained better looks and way better traction. They definatly are more aggressive than the original tires. We have no regrets getting tire the same size. When these wear out we will replace them with the same tire again. I don't think the added weight of a winch would effect the performance at all.