Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

need help: problem with torque converter rincon

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:16 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help: problem with torque converter rincon

yep, no matter whether the oil is low or topped out you still have to let it warm up properly.

Old 05-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks again ATVers. For the great ride with the Rincon its worth to take this warmup.

Old 05-22-2003, 04:09 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would run it some and check it one more time.
Another important thing.
How are you checking your dipstick??
The dealer told me to screw it all the way in.
They're full of crap!
It says right in the owners manual to just dip it in up to the bottom of the threads.
Screwing it all the way in can give you a false full reading.
Once I got my oil topped off it never has slipped since.

I love this bike man.
All the people on this forum saying bad stuff about the Rincon have no idea what they're talking about.
They say "I've never ridden one, but I heard" blah blah blah.......
I've been on a lot of bikes and this one is excellent.
If the non-Honda guys don't have anything good to say they should not say anything.
I just sold my '86 ATC250SX after 16 years of riding it hard.
I plan to have this Honda that long too!

Old 05-22-2003, 05:49 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes I checked the oil as said in the manuell. I will check it again just to make shure. The Rincon is not in the official Honda ATV Program here in Germany !!!!! You will not believe it but this is Hondas first year on the joung german market!!!! Dealers and even technical guys from Honda Germany do not know a lot about the Rincon. Because I do some tests for a german ATV Magazine ( it is in no comparrison to some of your mags, very small www.atv-magazin.at ) I came up with this question about the converter. . All guys who had the chance to right it beside me were impressed of the smooth ride it makes and the easy handling. I do have a Praire 650 bymyself, I like this one too, but if I go higher speeds Off Road I prefer the Rincon. I still think some things should be changed on the Rincon like the poor saddle fixing in the front for examble ( in testers eyes =[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]) ) but these are just minor details. In total it is a fun running maschinery.

Old 05-22-2003, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

Steff I didnt check back on the fourms for a while.Yea we are talking about the same town.There is alot of good riding down here.Next time you are around give me a yell I will let you ride my Rincon around.
My Rincon

Old 11-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Weekend Warrior

I hate to burst your bubble but Honda is having problems with their Rincon. I have had mine since last April and it is currently getting it's second rebuild. That means that in the last 8 months it has sat at the dealer for at least two of those months. The problems seem to originate with the cooling system, loss of fluid. You will riding along and the red light comes on, check your reservoir bottle immedaitely and fill as required. The system seems to drain for no apparent reason. So far the dealer has replaced one piston, two water pumps, one head and numerous other parts. To date I am very frustrated with the machine, hats off to Honda, they are working diligently at fixing the problem so far...

As I read the posts on this board I can appreciate that this is a Honda Baord, but I want to tell you guys this Rincon may be the best thing since slice bread to some of you, but the Rincon has a ways to go to keep up to a Polaris 700. I happen to own both machines and my preference is the 700. The 700 is far more comfortable than the Rincon, seat is larger and softer, suppension has more travel. As far as speed goes 60 Mph no problem... The Rincon is reaching to try and get to 50 MpH.... And then one has to look at problems some of us are having with the machines. Mine does not like low speed work, in the bogs, it stalls out all the time. As far as engine braking goes, it is none existent on the Rubicon whereas on the Polaris I wouldn't have to reach for the brakes. So if you are doing a lot of mountian riding I don't recommend this machine. I will recommend that when going down steep hills put the machine in ESP and use 1st gear. If I keep this machine I will add disc brakes next year, the drum brakes are weak...

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 11-04-2003, 10:09 PM
Pro Rider

Burlyone

Do you have any pics.. of your bikes side by side.

Did Honda get you RIncon fixed yet ?

Thanks

Mark