Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Help Broken Part Price to fix

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2003, 04:40 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Broken Part Price to fix

i have a 1993 Honda 300 fourtrax with a broken frame and was wondering how much it would cost to get it fixed thanks...

Old 05-24-2003, 05:40 PM
Trailblazer

What's broken on it ?? Cracked or bent frame ?? Specify, if it's cracked, depending where it is it can almost always be welded by a GOOD welder.... If you are anywhere near south florida, i'd be more than happy to weld it up for you, for no charge

Old 05-24-2003, 05:43 PM
Range Rover

Depending on where the "break" is, you probably can take the machine to a local machine shop and have it repaired. If by "break", you mean a crack in the frame, chances are it can be welded and/or reinforced. Without looking at the location of the break, I can't give an accurate diagnosis, but if it is a mild crack in an easy to get to location, it shouldn't be more than a half hour or hour charge of about $25-$75. Our 250R frames from time to time would crack during the racing season at different stress points(Swingarm Pivot, Head Stay, Swingarm, Subframe, etc.) and we would just have to clean up the area of the crack really well, remove all the paint, disconnect all the electrical before we would weld, and sometimes even machine up a little reinforcing gusset for the area so that it wouldn't crack again. Then just shoot it with some paint and go racing again!
Now if the break is a really bizarre one, really nasty or something, you might not be able to repair it so easy. For example, alot of times, if you catch the crack in time, and it didn't spread too far, and nothing was bent in the process of whatever collision caused the crack, then you can just weld it up quickly. Although some times the crack goes un-noticed for a long period of time, and it can spread and separate, and cause other damage in time. Like the 250Rs, if the cracks near the rear swingarm mount goes un-repaired, it can lead to the swingarm smashing into the back of the engine cases, which cracks the engine cases, and that is really HUGE $$$$.
If possible, clean up the area really well, take a picture, and post it...or email it to me...I can tell you if it's in a good or bad spot. Not that any spot is a good spot for a crack! Hope this helps...