Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Lowlife Bastard Ripping People At Atvtrader

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2003, 03:54 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowlife Bastard Ripping People At Atvtrader

What these people pray is our greed, I can't believe the stories I've read about people giving someone money on the idea that they will get something for nothing. Listen there is nothing in this world free and nobody is going to give anything for free. GREED GREED [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 10-17-2003, 04:46 AM
Range Rover

There was nothing greedy in my circumstances.....I was just selling a good quad for a fair negotiated price and sending surplus money back ...........

Old 10-17-2003, 04:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry, the reply was not directed to you. It was only to say the way most people are taken. If it offended you I apologize.

dirtroadrider

Old 10-17-2003, 09:34 AM
Range Rover

Well the shipping site is legit. I couldn't find it but finally did this morning.

Below is the addy for the shipping company. I don't know what they are holding or exactly now how this guy is trying to pull this off. I tracked it down useing the addy the jpegs were loaded from in the confrimation email.

http://www.dhl.com/index.jsp

Old 10-17-2003, 10:08 AM
Range Rover

To last post by AtvBoy1

The evidence of the scam is the part about not being able to reply to the confirmation e-mail. There should be a waybill # included in the confirmation letter so you could track the shipment. That would be the normal procedure with any shipping company. The warning about destroying the email if recieved in error is a nice touch. Is www.dhl.com the actual email address that shows up if you try to formulate a reply directly to this electronic letter you received? If it is, I would not hesitate to contact them directly about this letter as it may actually be one of their own employees.

To Dirtroadrider.....none taken........ just to say that there are other schemes out there which are not dependant on greed alone......naivite and foolishness are significant contributors as well..........

Old 10-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

to atvboy1
hey let us know how this turns out. My buddy almost bought a raptor from some lady in intaly saying it was her dads bike and he as cancer and all of this, so she as to sell the bike. they e-mailed each other back and fourth for a couple of days and they also said just send the shipping charge. That right there sealled the deal that it was a scam.

Old 10-17-2003, 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

atvboy, easiest thing to do would be to call the shipping company (DHL) and see if they really have the package waiting for you and if it's at a local hub where you could see it before you send the money. I'm 99% sure that it is a scam and that is a quick way to find out

Old 10-20-2003, 09:24 PM
Range Rover
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a rincon on atvtrader last week claiming it was a seller in Canada. Dont recall the exact numbers, about $3500. The picture of the rincon was the exact same picture as a rincon on ebay 2 months ago. In the background is a very high class neighborhood. Next to the rincon is an old trailer that went with the deal. The ebay rincon was in the Salt Lake area. The "buy it now" price was about $3500 as well. It appears the use several sites for their scam.

Old 10-20-2003, 09:43 PM
Pro Rider

Plain and simple if I cant touch, sit on and check it out right there in person I have no interest in buying it.

There are enough quads around to find one priced right within driving distance.

Old 10-21-2003, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

hey guy's that letter from the shipping company is clearly!...a fake i found 6 misspelt words in it and i suck at spelling .lol i feel alot better about my self now...so far all iv'e got scammed on was a zippo knock off i lent to some girl that never brought it back. and...oh 120 bucks on this dirtbike a "frined" of mine agreed to pay on but i did get more than i put into the bike ...so its kinda ok...and i feel for the guy that got scammed for 7k i couldn't even follow along with that post. how did he get you in a postion to take you're money ? if i can't go to the persons house look it over and atlest ride it around the yard 3 or 4 times i don't want it.and as far as selling something.its cash or go home and rob your sisters piggy bank i don't care. just give me that money.but i have made a few bad trades ill admit it then agein i suppose it was pretty close in value for everything i got an 86 atc250r running and an 87 trx250r that had a wasted engine but was told it was simplely a bent shift fork mmm and the quad lack of upkeep that would make any 250r lover cry.i suppose you live you learn not that i expected any 250r u buy to be perfect for what i figured i only paid 1500 for it and cost me 3k to build it up to my specs. which is pretty much stock other than the have to haves for a fast r. its just all the bearings and bushings on the quad were trash it was missing alot of rubber gromits .oh and nearly every bolt on her was lost and replaced by something outta the coffee can in grandpa's tool shed so i felt i had to order up a stainless bolt set that cover's most of the bike ...yep anyone that buys my r will be getting one clean deal thats for sure later guys