Originally posted by: MDE3
.....that takes some cohones too.
YUP!!!

ChetRacer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 10-21-2003, 07:11 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 440EX VS. POLARIS SCRAMBLER

I'll have to disagree with that one part. In my opinion, it takes no cohones to run your mouth off on the net. I hate that fact that some people act all big and bad when they are typing on a keyboard, when in real life most of them can get their rear end kicked by a girl.

Old 10-21-2003, 11:13 AM
Range Rover

While I have to agree it's annoying to read pumped up commentary and obvious exaggerations. When someone decides not to do it anymore and take the heat for their actions........I say give em a chance to change.

It does take cohones to come back in front of people and admit you were wrong and behaved like a "kid"..............that does take *****..........much more than taking cheap shots at people you consider "weaker". It's not the first time someone tries to get some attention and "fit in"......I say just give them a chance to "get real".

Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

Im with mde3 on that one good call but to yfz450r have you ever even ridden a polaris its a good quad and when its "working" it will beat a yfz in a drag race it would just take a while to cath up to it. the yfz is a awsome machine dont get me wrong and personally i would take one over any other atv.

Ohh yeah and back to the origanal subject i think the 440 ex will beat it

Old 10-22-2003, 07:18 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: Eceriderjbomb
Im with mde3 on that one good call but to yfz450r have you ever even ridden a polaris its a good quad and when its "working" it will beat a yfz in a drag race it would just take a while to cath up to it. the yfz is a awsome machine dont get me wrong and personally i would take one over any other atv.

Ohh yeah and back to the origanal subject i think the 440 ex will beat it
ist you said the yfz will lose against the polaris and now you are saying a 440 will beat a polaris.

Old 10-22-2003, 10:49 PM
Range Rover

If you are comparing stock to stock units you probably have a fair comparison between model perforrmances.

However once you hit modified bikes all bets are off, because so much depends on who did the mods, and what little extra's were done. You can make a huge difference with porting work and a custom tailored pipe, intake set ups, as well as dialing in the carb to match up perfectly with the other mods. It then really comes down to whose work was done best, and how many "extras" were done beyond the displacement and carb mods, and if they were all set up to work properly together.

I have seen stock displacement 400 ex's with some head mods(valves and porting) beat 440's, 330'r's, Raptors (686 kit) Banshees etc. So to compare modded quads of different brands on this forum becomes and argument about apples and oranges. Just enjoy them. Go to a few races.... MX, TT, Drag etc and see what's winning. It may shock you to see how many different models and brands do well on any given day.

I loved the comment about the Polaris beating the YFZ "it will just take a while to catch up"....ok so if one has a 1 mph top end advantage due to gearing, and the race is long enough.........etc etc.. Getting a quad that suits what you really want to do is the important thing, and one you can afford to look after.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:31 AM
Pro Rider

thanks for all the feedback

Old 10-26-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider

if you're lazy, here's a link to how 4-stroke engines work: LINK!

440 should win

Old 10-27-2003, 12:39 AM
Pro Rider

thats what i think, we'll see as soon as my parts come in and i get everything back together, week and a half, maybe 2

Old 10-27-2003, 10:53 PM
Pro Rider

so how'd you like the gain you got from the mods you did to your yfz? just a good pointer yfz450 as every 1 else said dont just repeat things you either heard other people say or have read about online. you know your dad does all the work on your bike and you just do all the easy jobs. you say you can do anything but jetting, well if you cant jet or rebuild engine than wut the he*l can you do? and cosmetic and chassis work is just plain simple. you want to get some ability in these fields you have to have some hands on work, look for an old four stroke engine that needs some work. tear it down split the cases put in new main bearings and seals, an oil pump(if needed), re-ring it give it a hone job time the cams and if it runs, has no blow by, and has good compression you are pretty good. i know i make engine building sound simple but that is because i have been doing it almost every day of my life since i was 10, i am 15 now going on 16. i watched my dad build engines from the day i was born and loved every minute of it, now it is my turn and i just have that ability that when i see something broken i know i can fix it no matter how bad the damage is. by the way mde3 is right in what he says. and the comment you made about polaris 4 wheelers you were way out of line with. i think the predator is a hot bike if you ask me. have you ever owned a polaris? i doubt it so how can you say they are pieces of sh*t and fall apart?

Quick Reply: 440EX VS. POLARIS SCRAMBLER