Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Road legal quads

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road legal quads

last time I checked, they didnt outlaw cars the last time someone got into an accident, but maybe im wrong.

Old 10-22-2003, 12:17 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Road legal quads

Originally posted by: Honduki
I looked into it in Canada but the Engineer in charge says it can't be done. Once it has 4 wheels you have to sit down inside it for some reason. They use the arguement of high center of gravity and it wouldn't handle. I tried to argue the point with him but the guy insisted that you couldn't make a stable rider active vehicle. I would just like to know how they think a 3 wheel Harley is supposed to be more stable than a quad?
how dose the new bike that the viper engine is is bw road legal then? it has 4 wheels???

i have been pulled over not long after i got my atc and she asked if i have insurance i just played stupid said i would look into it right away and she said ok and let me go then agian i was nice to back i have seen a freing get pulled over and ticketed mostly becuze he was RUDE!

Old 10-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Road legal quads

been there, seen that. When we were in a known riding pit, and a cop came and used a cop "scare tactic"(they tell you they're gonna tow/ticket you and then just let you go), my friend, knowing it was bs, decided to argue with the cop. Well we all got ticket $100, and got an additional $100 tow(they get a tow company to tow your quad to their place, and you need to pay them that day for the tow<$100> and get a truck to take your quad, or they tack on $20 a day. Moral of the story, DONT MOUTH OFF!!!, and Mass sucks *****.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003, 05:10 PM
BSA
Pro Rider
Default Road legal quads

Having my Foreman street legal would be convenient, but I am not really excited about riding my Foreman on the road. When I am on the road with autos, I really prefer to be surrounded by as much steel as possible. Preferably an F150.

Old 10-24-2003, 11:26 PM
Range Rover
Default Road legal quads

Motorcycles can ride the roads so why the heck cant we

Old 10-25-2003, 12:37 AM
BSA
Pro Rider
Default Road legal quads

Now that is an interesting thread.....

I live in Atlanta and I am lucky to see a motorcycle on the streets once a month. A lot of my friends, and myself have street motorcycles, (I restore old British bikes) but traffic is so dangerous we seldom ride. Tow to Daytona, tow to rallies, tow to races, ride on a Sunday maybe once a year, maybe not. The motorcycle club meets once a month, but we all drive our cars/trucks to the meetings. Two of my friends recently exercised their right to ride in traffic. They were promptly killed by autos. One with his wife on the back, the other with his daughter on the back. The wife and daughter were killed also. The streets are dangerous in a car... car crashes are the number one cause of death of teenageers... motorcycles are a moving death wish in today's traffic.

What I am trying to say, is that to point to motorcycles as an example is not going to get ATVs made street legal.

Old 10-26-2003, 01:56 PM
Trailblazer
Default Road legal quads

I dissagree with the above quote, I think that bikes should only be aloud to be riddin on private property, they should have to get a stupied little green plate and lyability insurance and they should only be aloud to ride on closed corses and tracks.
Quads should be legal because they are more like a car, I had a friend get hit on his big plastic polaris and other than a demolised quad and some brusies he was fine, not much to say for the last bike accident I herd about, where the guy rtiding, was in critical and his passenger dead. I think that somebody up there making the laws should start looking at some of these crasy croch rockets that are being made by the big 4 jap motor companies and start making them closed corse only and give us not so fast 4 wheeled vechiles a break!!

What would you guys think about that???????????

NO wing no PRayer

Old 10-27-2003, 11:01 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Road legal quads

well i live in pa and from my experience its not aloud. me and a bunch of buddies decided to go down 150 at like 10 at night. we made it for like 20 or so miles until a cop saw us and chased us down. we ended up gettin 2 fines(we were lucky we could have got like 6 or 7) we got one for 100 dollars for riding on the road and one for 77.50 for being under 16. so i would say its not allowd here in pa

Old 10-27-2003, 11:49 PM
Range Rover
Default Road legal quads

well you can't even ride in the trails in michigan, except the few designated trails there are. and most of them are dirtbike trails and not wide enough for quads. I've been fined, Had my quad impounded, and even spent a night in jail for riding on unauthorized trails. they told me the reason is quads tear up the land. yet the DNR told my that I can go out in my Truck with my mud tires.