Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ITP Baja rims - how are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:58 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ITP Baja rims - how are they?

I need a new set of front rims for one of the 400exs since the current ones are out of round. Finally figured out why the quad didn't handle right (after replacing bearings, a-arm bushings, steering stem, and adjusting the tire rods out the ying yang). I stood the quad up on end to clean the underside and spun the front tires with a powerwasher. It was so easy to see the rim was oval shaped. Put another set of rims on it from one of the other 400exs and the handling was back to normal.

How it happened? Most likely crossing over logs. I like to jump off them by slightly (and some times harder) hitting the front end off the log. If not, then from jumping.

So, are the ITPs strong? The main difference between these and some of the others is that the reinforcement rings are rolled in under the rolled lip while others have the rings welded in. The welds probably make it stronger but sacrifice some weight.

Anyone have a set and how are they? Rocky Mountain sells them for about $94 each. Anyone selling them cheaper?

Thanks,

Jon

Old 10-21-2003, 08:04 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ITP Baja rims - how are they?

I don't have the Baja rims (yet), but I do have the rolled "Edge" rims. Looks to me like the Baja is just an Edge with a reinforcement ring rolled in???????? Anyway, my Edge rims have stood up to all kinds of abuse, with no problems! So, the Baja's should be even better.