Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Abernathys lowest prices in the USA?????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2003, 02:02 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abernathys lowest prices in the USA?????????

I bought a new 2002 Honda 450S from Abernathys last summer (really nice people that wern't push and would answer your questions). I paid $4600 OTD after the double bonus bucks if memory serves me correct. Well, after pricing the Honda's this month I talked to my local Honda/Yamaha dealer about Abernathys. You know the routine, Abernathys has these for so and so price. He is a real nice guy (the owner) and has always given me a great price on Yamahas. He had the lowest price on the 2004 Wolverine I could find $4700 OTD. After, asking the Abernathys question "how do they sell them so cheap!" He then replied "we also haven't been able to figure it out". He brought out his Honda dealer pricing book and showed me the cost on some of the bikes. Abernathys was selling them below cost going by there numbers. They also told me that these prices were the same as all the other Honda dealers. Abernathys really doesn't have good prices on their Yamaha or Polaris bikes, but the pricing on the Honda ATVS are AMAZING. How in the world do they sell them, so cheap? Do you think it could be one of those hidden things where maybe Honda does a Spiff (sales incentive) Ex: where you sell 100 bikes and get 10 bikes free etc.?

I would really like to figure this out? It amazmes that one dealer can literally be $1000 less on a model from a dealer less than 100 miles away.

All the dealers I've also talked to can't figure out how they do it either.

Anyways, if you're looking to buy a new Honda check out Abernathys in Union City, TN. They will hook you up with a SWEET deal on a new Honda ATV.

Too, bad all the other dealers can't do the same. I'm sure you CA people feel the same [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-26-2003, 06:33 PM
Weekend Warrior

I believe there is a 5% of retail holdback for all Honda atv dealers, my guess is that there ok selling next to cost and waiting for the holdback check to arrive. There working off of the volume they can produce.

I just purchased a new 03 Rubicon and the best I could do was 6100 otd. I found the same for 5399 at either Abernathys or Lake hillmotor sports cant remember which one but they were both withen 100 of each other. There is a 500 dealer incentive on the 03 Rubicons and one dealer I checked with would only goto 6799 otd, there basically making a extra 300 on top of retail with the incentive. It should hopefully be here by mid week and I'm very happy with the deal I recieved.

Old 10-26-2003, 07:31 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am fortunate to also have a very good dealer here in E ky. I just bought a 2003 Rincon for 6100 OTD. MSRP is 7600. I asked the dealer how many units they sold a year, and he said they average 350 4 wheelers a month. Damn thats a lot of 4 wheelers. Not including motorcycles and parts and service.. etc etc So i would say they do get a % back like new car dealers do. IMHO

Old 10-26-2003, 09:33 PM
Trailblazer

We have a similar situation around here. The dealer in springfield mo is a lot cheaper than the others in the area. Here are there advertised prices for this week.

2002 300ex $3297
2003 250ex $2999
2003 rancher 2wd man shift $3199
2003 trx450fm3 $4751
2003 trx 650fa3 $6141

I dont know about the others, but the price on the 300ex and the rancher are hundreds cheaper than other local honda dealers. Dont know if you pushed them hard enough weather they could match their prices or not.

Old 10-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: kobiejohn
I believe there is a 5% of retail holdback for all Honda atv dealers, my guess is that there ok selling next to cost and waiting for the holdback check to arrive. There working off of the volume they can produce.

I just purchased a new 03 Rubicon and the best I could do was 6100 otd. I found the same for 5399 at either Abernathys or Lake hillmotor sports cant remember which one but they were both withen 100 of each other. There is a 500 dealer incentive on the 03 Rubicons and one dealer I checked with would only goto 6799 otd, there basically making a extra 300 on top of retail with the incentive. It should hopefully be here by mid week and I'm very happy with the deal I recieved.
If you don't mind me asking, what dealer did you use in E. KY. If I can get a deal close to Abernathy's without the drive to West TN, I'd love it.

Thanks!

Old 10-27-2003, 05:49 AM
Weekend Warrior

The name of the dealership is, Prestonsburg Cycle Center. They might also be listed as Prestonsburg Honda. From Prestonsburg I can be in Kingsport in about an hour and a half, just so youd know. Hope this helps.

Old 10-27-2003, 03:25 PM
Trailblazer

i bought my rincon from abernathy's and i asked the question how can you sell these so cheap?he told me to look at all the shiny chrome harleys out there...pause... we make so much off those we can afford to ...

so the moral of the story..everytime i pass a harley,i wave and smile.thanks for the deal...

Old 10-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

They have great deals on Yamaha Atvs also. 04 Banshee for $5099. Raptors were $5350 for 03 and $5450 for 2004 models. Seems like the YFZ450 was $6399. Last year, I saw new Banshees as low as $4999. And I have seen some great prices on YFZ-R1 motorcycles as well.

When I bought my 2001 CBR 929 from them, I paid $8800. If I had bought it two months earlier (not talked myself out of it the first time I went there) I could have bought it for $8600. List was $10K.

I ticked off a local dealer (Twin City Honda, Festus MO) just asking him if he could come close to their price. Best he would do was $9600. I was trying to stay with a dealer that I had bought from before and I guess to test their "we won't be undersold" advertising. Anyways, he blew up at me. "I'm not selling these bikes for cost," and "you don't work for nothing and I don't either," were a couple of his hostile comments. He lost a customer for LIFE. I wonder if he would have thrown me out if I had told him that he had been undersold and that he needed to take his sign down?! I also considered calling Honda Headquarters in Cali to see what they thought about this situation. I'd almost bet he would have called to apologize, but I figured that I had aggravated him enough.

World of Honda / Yamaha, Cape Girardeau, Mo, wanted $10K. Let's see, Abernathy's is 4 hours driving round trip. 4 hours driving saves me $1200 + sales tax on that $1200. Yeah, I'd say it was worth the drive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I will always try to spread the word about Abernathy's. Great dealership. The only problem with Abernathy's is that I didn't know about them sooner. I tell people about them and their prices and I don't think they believe me. Oh well I guess.

Old 10-28-2003, 03:27 PM
BSA
Pro Rider

I bought my Foreman at Abernathy, good product, good price, good people.

Another place that has good prices for comparison is Lake Hill Motors in Corinth MS.