Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

First Ride on My New Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 01:02 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Ride on My New Rincon

Took it out for a couple of hours riding yesterday. Lots of trails, rocks and a couple of small lakes. My oldest son rode the Raptor. Really had mixed emotions after about 15 minutes of riding. I kept thinking about how the Grizzley must run. Not sure what what I was feeling but sort of like I had made a mistake buying it. My son wanted to ride it some so we changed. As soon as I crawled on the Raptor, I knew I should not have bought the rinny. What a difference in power. It has bee over a year since I had ridden it on solid dirt. I had forgotten how good it ran. The sand dunes really take away a lot of power. But after changing back and riding some trails and creeks and climbing some rocky areas where the Raptor wouldn't go, I began to feel better about it. Tried not to ride it to hard until I had some miles on it. There is an area for drag racing and I asked my son how much head start he would give me and he said about half a track so I took off before he could get lined up, but he caught me anyway. I did hit 45 before I let off. It does seem to pull pretty strong at midrange after you get it moving. There was a guy that parked next to us with a new rinny also. He bought it on Oct. 30 and tore it down before he rode it and put everything but a lift kit on it from Highlifter. Winch, full diamond plate, BMRP muffler (which really sounded great and looks great with the turned down tip. I gotta have one), wheels with 589s, back up light, headlight on handlebars, K&N, Dynojets, hitch, front disc brakes, and I'm sure I am forgetting something. He must have spent a small fortune on it. It was his first ride also. He was having a blast in the mud and lake.

Old 11-16-2003, 01:42 PM
Pro Rider

Wait until after it's broken in. Maybe anywhere between 200-300 miles, you will be impressed it gets ALOT more powerful.

Old 11-16-2003, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

hey duramax wait until you break it in then youll see. i have a 03 rinny with about 700 miles on it, mine will do 65mph pretty easy and the ride is great. if speed was your concern i dont know why you chose the rinny, anyone even rinny owners like me will tell you the grizz and prairie are both faster to top speed than the rinny. but i will also tell you they both top out at about 65mph. and heck on the trails 65mph is plenty fast. where the rinny shines is the ride, design, reliability, and for me lcd features. i think you have a quality machine but perhaps you purchased it for the wrong reason ie speed. heck in the dunes the rinny probably looks like a 90 not a 650 but thats not what it is intended for. i hope you grow to love your rinny as i love mine. take care and keep riding!!!

Old 11-16-2003, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't like the power, there are ignition modules coming in the next few months hopefully! There is LOTS of potential from the Rinny.

Old 11-16-2003, 09:36 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks everyone. Don't get me wrong. I went into it knowing it was somewhat underpowered compared to the P700 and Grizz. I liked both of them very well. I ruled out the P because I had convinced myself I wanted an IRS and didn't like the belt noise on it. I basically ruled out the Grizz for the belt drive also. I basically decided on the Rinny because of several things and the gear drive was one of the major deciding ones. And, I can always get off of it and onto my Raptor when I feel the need for speed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-17-2003, 09:41 AM
Pro Rider

These guys are correct after a few hundred miles the Rincon gains quite a bit of power. My father has one with around 700 miles on it and it is very powerful for a huge 4WD ATV. It will wheelie all day and is a top quality machine. If you need more power after the break in add an exhaust and rejet and you will get power the Rincon responds quite well to small mods.

Old 11-17-2003, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider

good luck with your new toy duramax

Old 11-17-2003, 07:59 PM
Pro Rider

The first day I had mine I knew it had lots of power because I was used to riding a Rancher. But I was kinda dissapointed when it didn't have that snap off the line to wheelie. So, I just putted and drove it around trails and stuff. About 250-300 miles later, I took it out and sat down and nailed the throttle. Man that thing came right up and it was definately faster.

Old 11-23-2003, 07:17 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree. My Dad just got a new Rincon and it is awesome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]. It definetly has plenty of power. We have never had to put it in 4WD. normally I drive my 2001 Rancher, so when I get on that it feels like I have been doing something wrong on my Rancher.