Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

450R test ride and quote!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2003, 04:49 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 450R test ride and quote!!!!!!!!

I am just going to drop off about 5 more Grand into my already ROCKET SHIP SHEE, with the motor already setup, if I drop off about 5G into the handling characteristics of this mighty twin cylindered, 2-stroke, X-road race BEAST, then I should be more than happy with it and be able to wax A-N-Y 4 stroke powered quad..... I am only going to make what I have better, and if that is not good enough I will make it better than better... AKA also known as the BEST!!
YAMAHA stayed in the high performance game when all the rest of the manufacturers got out of the business!! AND they they are the first to spice it all up again!! They have *****...... Besides, my bike is all paid for... It will be easier to explain to the wife that I am spending money on upgrades, then going all out and buying a whole new bike when I just got my motor back from California and spent a nice lil chunk of change!! I could tell her, "Boo, it is broken and needs an 'internal flux capacitor', she would never know the difference... ROTFLMAO!! Besides, the mighty Shee is about to come to a cease as far as production goes, so I could con her into believing that it is going towards an investment that is only going to appreciate with time and not depreciate!!

Rojo is not one to go out and buy a new quad every year just because a HIGHLY marketed one comes out..... I learned about all of this back in the 80's and would line up next to the newest quad on the market and say to my self, "oh $hit, I am not going to get the holeshot on this one because he has the new and latest bike that has a powervalve, or he has K.I.P.S. on his bike...... PLEASE, I would still holeshot the showy lil turd!! LOL....

I sold that bike back in 92, it was an 88 250R, LOL after switching hands from owner to owner to owner probably 10000 times, my lil brother bought it last year and dropped some cash into it and all I can say is it is a rocket!! Oh yeah, by the way he was lined up to one of those new 4-stroke YFZ's and (coulda been the rider) but My lil bros' 250R and another 250R were way into the first turn when the 450 begin to go into the first turn.... Pretty much the race consisted of a coupla old hondas and a highly modded Shee blowing away the rest of the pack..... Hmmmm maybe this media hype should be read into a little bit..... I have alotaa stuff to do, so I must close this response so I can get on with more productive things.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider

Stalking 14mins I think not. Upset cause I bought a Polaris no. Tired of seeing you bash everything yes and so is everyone else. Grow up and don't be so childish, we all get the picture you like fast powerful quads. Fine, stick with the good info drop the rest.

Good post are always twice as long when someone starts bashing and no one wants to see that garbage posted about there quad. Bashing kills Forums and old users from wanting to use them. You should know this you have been around for awhile but yet you were the one asking not long ago Where have all the old guys gone? There tired of garbage.

Just for you know for my type of fast tight trail riding the Predator is the best quad out there for me. I Even drag raced at acouple of events this summer and won every class I entered even the 601+ stock fourstroke class. I'm very impressed with it and Polaris, if I had a problem they were quick to right it. The 2004s will be wicked with all the new updates, and for the hunger power guys a big bore and stroked 700cc+ Predator will be a serious runner with the biggest and baddest of all Raptors.

Happy I sold my Raptor it was a great bike but didn't suit me as well on the trails here and I really didn't care for it on the track or in my sandpit-jumping.

I'm also happy but yet sad to have let go my old modded 416ex it was a awsome drag racer. It had more power than the YFZ 450 and I smoked them all summer here but it was getting old.

I will purchase a new 450R knowing that it will also have less power (416ex) but its a Honda and will be reliable, it will be 6 years newer, handle better and isn't overly priced and I will make it a fire breathing 500cc

I just bought a new house and sled season is almost here so instead of just buying a new sled for the gf I may perhaps trade the Pred in and get a new Rev for her and then in the summer get another new 04 Pred.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 14mins
LMAO, it probably does handle better than a yfz since the honda is to slow to get in trouble. If you built a quad with cheap parts (honda) all you have is a cheap quad. Honda had time to do it right and failed. Of course the bean counters will be happy. More profit per quad from the honda diehards
dude 14mins!!!, your stupid!!!< honda has the best parts, like hondabest0nearth said, you have no idea what are you?!!!! honda's new quad hmm will most likely kill the yfz450 lol, if you are going to talk crap, you might as well be quiet, and never say crap like that in a honda thread, and where is your proof that honda makes crap parts? tell me

later

Old 11-18-2003, 06:44 PM
Trailblazer

DSAPP, you forgot to finish the quote. See the Kory story "stock goes for the honda, but with the factory kit the yamaha has the advantage" . nevertheless, must of you guys sound like a bunch of kids ragging whether my bike is faster then yours or vise versa. lets hear more educated post. Yamaha post is more productive then this.

Old 11-18-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

honda is built on realibilty or however you spell it but the fact is no rider in here has riden the the new 450 it's site said not till january that it would be out so no one can talk about it until they "actually ride it" and what a loser to say that the most realible quads on earth are junk what a dip $hit

Old 11-18-2003, 06:49 PM
Pro Rider

i agree man

Old 11-18-2003, 07:02 PM
HA2
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who cares if yfz is better for racing. its about time.

i dont know whats more embarassing. honda stopped making performance quads for over 10 years and dominates still. or yamaha kept making them and couldnt.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

you honda blow hards are touchy group. The first time you get a face full of roost thrown on you from a faster, better handling yamaha yfz450 who you going to cry to?

Pleasure- There will not be any 700 cc predators, not sure anyone has really modded on yet. I have been to all the big riding area in different states and have not see on. Stock they seem to do a fine job breaking. With all your knowlege of how forums should run you should have dreamed up the internet.
A kinder gentler internet is a quote that someone said.

Old 11-18-2003, 08:46 PM
Pro Rider

14 mins,

He is right, you act like some little kid running his mouth. The Honda will be good, and it may be slightly better or slightly worse than the yfz. If your going to talk like an idiot instead of making good points and acting like a civil person, then don't come to this website. If you don't like the 450r, at least say it maturely. Yes, now I'll wait for your reply in which you will probably try to insult someone or something.

Old 11-18-2003, 09:00 PM
Pro Rider

Ya the raptor is just a over priced quad for old guys with money and who can't handle a real perfomance machine I'll stick with the people who have been around the longest.

REAL MEN RIDE HONDAS!!!

Quick Reply: 450R test ride and quote!!!!!!!!