Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Broke my Rincon!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003 | 10:45 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

Well, it's already happened. We were working in the barn yesterday and my friend tossesd down a 80lb bale of hay from the loft. Guess what, he didn't know the Rincon was below him and it landed right on the electronic pod. The pod is trashed. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He was very sorry and said that the warranty should cover it and I told him there would be no way Honda would warranty this. Is there anyplace where I can buy a new pod and the green plastic that goes around it? I beleive I read on here that a new pod would be around $400. There is no way I'm going to pay that much for something that will more than likely be broken again in the future. Will the ATV still work if I remove the pod? I haven't even started the thing up after yesterday! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Any advice on where to get another one or would you just pull it off? I'm thinking that if I remove it the bike won't shift due to the electronics.

Old 12-03-2003 | 10:48 AM
Pro Rider
Default Broke my Rincon!

very sorry to hear that. Just out of curiosity did your friend at least offer to pay for it?

Old 12-03-2003 | 10:58 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

Fast, no he didn't. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] He was helping me with some work, so I really couldn't say too much. Accidents due happen and you just have to shruge them off.

Old 12-03-2003 | 11:40 AM
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

eeeeew....I would be totally pi$$ed !![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] Sorry to hear of your incident hopefully you can get a replacement pod at a better price than what you mentioned. Do you by any chance have insurance on your machine? If not maybe your homeowner policy might include a provision for this, at any rate I hope you get squared away.

Old 12-03-2003 | 06:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Broke my Rincon!

Sorry to hear about that. You can find all of your parts here. http://www.planethondaracing.com/cgi...name=modelyear

Old 12-03-2003 | 11:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Broke my Rincon!

Should a bought the GRIZZ

Old 12-03-2003 | 11:35 PM
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

You could after replacing it design a grill guard simular to the ones used on Jeep wrangler tail lights to wrap aroound it and protect it. Not the cheap wire kind but the real heavy gauge stuff. That way next bail of hay that gets tossed on it, It will stop it.

Old 12-04-2003 | 02:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

Originally posted by: Foxracin
Should a bought the GRIZZ
Yeah like that would of mattered....what are you 12 years old????

Sorry to hear about your loss wolveriner...hope you get it taken care of soon!

Old 12-04-2003 | 02:51 AM
|
Trailblazer
Default Broke my Rincon!

Blazer that is a good idea. The Foremans pods have a steel bar that helps a bit.

Old 12-04-2003 | 09:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Broke my Rincon!

Hmmm, would your home-owners insurance policy cover this?

Quick Reply: Broke my Rincon!