Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2003, 08:34 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs

Let See,

Cut and Paste, Cut and Paste, Cut and Paste, Cut and Paste..................................

Old 12-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No fooling you. You catch on quick.

Old 12-12-2003, 02:11 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What trails do you like to ride in ,Im from west valley ut Im getting over shoulder surgery and haven't been riding for a long time.

Old 12-12-2003, 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

i love shifting, i will never go back to auto again.

-------------------
2003 z400-renthal bars, dg nerfs

Old 12-12-2003, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

zbutcher, that why they make both. It's great isn't it.

markie, we like riding up American Fork Canyon past Tibble Fork Resevoir, Taylor Fork past Kamas, Hobble Creek above Springville, and the Paiute Trails for a few. You need to check out utahatvtrails.com It cost like $20 a year for all the trail access. There are endless trails with full descriptions and locations. Mr. Birkinshaw has done an excellent job with this website.

Hope you recover well and are back riding soon. One of our friends bought a new SP 600 this past summer and loves it. How is your new 700?

Old 12-12-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: polonda
Well from someone who own boths honda and polaris, i prefer the polaris breaking. If ya use the throttle a little going down hill u can keep the back wheels from locking up, and if u want 4 wheel braking, use the brake lever, (its the little black lever.) And the comment about polaris being 2wd? If i had a dollar everytime i pulled a honda out of the mud i would be rich. Like i sai before i have both honda(2002 Rincon) and Polaris(1998 Sportsman 500) and they are both great machines. Just hate it when people are so narrow minded that they bash what they dont understand.
Wow you must own the ONLY 2002 Rincon!

Anyway, I prefer a manual transmissions engine braking or the Rubicons engine breaking. I hate polaris engine braking. You can take their engine braking, but I hate it. I have heard of way too many experiences of people sliding down the sides of rocky hills and such because the rear wheels lock. Thank god my friends Polaris's engine braking doesnt even work on his or I may have had something like that happen!

My Rincon doesn't have the best engine braking, but it's still there. And if I want even better I put it in 4wd for 4 wheel engine braking and I can use either brake to keep me as slow as I want with no possible way of the wheels locking up.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I think I can understand why Polaris went to 2 wheel braking, if you do get a slide going, at least the front end wants to go straight down the hill instead of sideways. That having been said, why not brake all 4 wheels for that much more traction?? If you get all four locked up and sliding, the only thing that's gonna save you is an ejection seat.... maybe we should try less steep hills?? I ride an ol' 400 Honda Foreman, full time 4x4, manual shift, and I really haven't had any experiences like you have. Maybe it's my style of riding, maybe it's the ATV keeping my as_ out of trouble. Who knows for sure?? Although come to think of it, if I ever do get really out of control (like now) it'd be nice to see the end coming straight on...

Chilly [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

Having ridden both makes, I have found that what you are most used to, works pretty well.

For example, if I hop off my Xplorer, and onto my buddies Foreman, I find they are such different machines, they are not fair to compare directly against each other. Each requires a different technique when driving. I think one reason Polaris gets a bad name is because they are different than all the other brands in that they have 2 wheel engine braking, even when in 4wd. That doesn't make them evil or anything, but it DOES require you to learn a different technique. When I hop on the Foreman, my first thought is 'wierd' but after I get accustomed to it down the trail, I get back on my own Xplorer, and think 'wierd' as well. The one biggest thing that is absolute, and not subjective, is that my Xplorer rides smoother, and goes through the snow better. We never really went head to head in the mud, so I can't really comment on that one.

Farmr

Old 12-12-2003, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Goog point yellow rincon , the hill that I was sliding down out of control on my 700 I was trying everything to keep from crashing. After I was at the bottom my ex wife and my sister put there arctic cats In first gear and went down the same hill without even hitting there brakes,fully under control with no problem,boy was I Imbaressed .I went strait to my dealer and told them my 4wdr wasen't working when I went down hills they said thats the way polaris Is, boy was I pissed.

Old 12-13-2003, 10:56 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, this is the HONDA FORUM! If you Polaris guys want to tell each other how great you are, do it over in the POLARIS FORUM. Over here, you are going to get it straight, from people who don't have to DEFEND THEIR PURCHASE!

I have several friends who ride Polaris, and honestly, they bought the bikes because they were AUTOMATICS, and they didn't want to get a full-on utility!! I don't think any of them are anywhere close to being completely happy with their purchase. I never realized about the no 4-wheel ebs before. In fact, I don't think they realize it either!! But, now that I think back, some of the close calls these folks got into, were caused by just that problem!!

Quick Reply: Polaris ebs vs Honda ebs