Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anyone know or heard of this tried.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 03:03 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know or heard of this tried.....

Can a Predaot Carb fit on a 400ex??? We have both and was wondering if this could be done??? Ill have the stock carb off the Predator here shortly ....Thanks!! Tina

Old 01-15-2004, 11:33 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Tina, I don't know how the boots and throttle cable will fit, but usually a little heat gun on the rubber makes a nice fit, and $20 for a cable is not too bad. I ran a DS carb on mine for a while, I believe its the same carb. It was a nice upgrade. I ran a DS throttle assm. for the time I had it, it was just a trial, I have a DS in my garage, soI tried it! It was better thatn stock, but I must admit, I never spent the time to get it all the way dialed in.

Old 01-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: KGB
Tina, I don't know how the boots and throttle cable will fit, but usually a little heat gun on the rubber makes a nice fit, and $20 for a cable is not too bad. I ran a DS carb on mine for a while, I believe its the same carb. It was a nice upgrade. I ran a DS throttle assm. for the time I had it, it was just a trial, I have a DS in my garage, soI tried it! It was better thatn stock, but I must admit, I never spent the time to get it all the way dialed in.
Whew./.. Im so glas womone doesnt think Im totally off my Rocker for asking this question![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I REALLY have been interested if or How it work pan out to stuff the Predator motor in a 400ex Chassis as well( not that I have the $$ to do it, but if I did... I would try it!) But Im willing to try the Carb for now. Thanks for smoe imput!!! Anyone else want to add to it?? Tina