Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 04:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Originally posted by: AZBIGDADDY
LOL, this is the best subject matter ever.....I am the biggest toy junky out there... I have a Boat, jet skiis, RV, H2 Hummer, Corrvette, Turbo 400ex, even a custom 40 ft monoco Rv, that I turned into a custom limo bus (www.nightlifelimobus.com). I have always ran it by my wife when purchasing something. Never a ploblem!

The limo bus alone cost $200K+, I bought a tricked out golf car at the AZ sand show a month ago without running it by the wife. OUCH....She gave me an ear full!

My wife doesn't wear the pants in my house, but she was a little upset at me for buying a golf cart for 10K. Though she was taking it for a spin the following day and hasn't said a word since.

That was my story, but here is how I see it. If you realy, realy want it and there is a slight chance your wife will say NO! Don't tell her, just buy it. She will get over it, maybe buy her flowers or something to make up for it. Tell her she is right and you were unthoughtful for not running it by her. tell her anything she wants to hear, it doesn't matter because what you wanted is parked in your garage and it ain't going anywhere soon........LOL

What the heck do you for a living and do you want to adopt me!!!!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: rhinhd
My Wife does our bills so I ask her if we have the cash before I buy something for the quads. It's never a problem unless we need to buy something else (like major stuff for the house), she lets me know when we can't swing it. We work together on anything to do with saving and spending. We want to be financially sound and not get into any trouble. We work at life as a team and have done pretty well for doing so. Remember it's "the both of you against to world" not "you against her"! That’s how I look it!

I would actually have to agree with this.....this is what it's like at my house for the most part as well. When you don't have a lot of extra money, this is the only way to maintain a happy house. If I had a whole lot of money, it would be different, than we would not ask each "permission" to buy stuff.

Old 01-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Trailblazer

ATV connections pays me to respond to posts here, lol. Just kidding, I own a large auto glass replacement company in Phoenix AZ. Own a limo company, toy broker/large ticketed items, buy and sell realestate, broker business deals. Basicaly nothing to be honest, sit on my @ss and play hard. Enjoy spending time with my five kids.........Always on vacation........Enjoy life to the fullest.

Got everything from nothing and made it happen by cashflow...........Can't afford it, don't buy it, period! It takes money to make money, the more money you have the easier it is to make money!

I have to post a picture of the golf cart I bought, the one my wife got fussy about. It is a jacked up gem car golf cart on steriods..........LOL.

Bought a new digital camera, just need to figure out how to use it and I will post some pictures.....

Old 01-19-2004, 06:45 PM
Trailblazer

Here is a link to some pictures of party bus limo, turbo 400ex, monster gem car golf cart, turbo ds-650, friends moster truck with gonzo in it, stupid custom wrap for atv, ect......

www.400exturbo.50megs.com then click on photo page

Old 01-19-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Well, if you need money to make money, I sure don't have much right now....I quess I am outta luck....I am glad to hear you are doing so well for yourself, congrats....and the offer still stands, if you need a 30 year old son to leave your money too.....I am your guy!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 10:41 PM
Trailblazer

you put the bait on the hook, and catch her interest in what you like. For the most part she lets me do what I want. I bought a Z400 she bought a rapter and took my Z400. This bike is to big for me, she said. Now she want out of the Z and get a Shee. Go figure I created a monster. I wanted a little fishing boat, she wants to buy a fish and Ski. Its cool shes game for about anything.