Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2004, 01:26 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

LOL, this is the best subject matter ever.....I am the biggest toy junky out there... I have a Boat, jet skiis, RV, H2 Hummer, Corrvette, Turbo 400ex, even a custom 40 ft monoco Rv, that I turned into a custom limo bus (www.nightlifelimobus.com). I have always ran it by my wife when purchasing something. Never a ploblem!

The limo bus alone cost $200K+, I bought a tricked out golf car at the AZ sand show a month ago without running it by the wife. OUCH....She gave me an ear full!

My wife doesn't wear the pants in my house, but she was a little upset at me for buying a golf cart for 10K. Though she was taking it for a spin the following day and hasn't said a word since.

That was my story, but here is how I see it. If you realy, realy want it and there is a slight chance your wife will say NO! Don't tell her, just buy it. She will get over it, maybe buy her flowers or something to make up for it. Tell her she is right and you were unthoughtful for not running it by her. tell her anything she wants to hear, it doesn't matter because what you wanted is parked in your garage and it ain't going anywhere soon........LOL

Old 01-19-2004, 01:53 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Ask permission? No i don't. But she gets even. I spent 6500 dollars and she books a cruise. She actually was the reason i bought my 2nd raptor last year. My raptor gernated while playing in Glamis last year. My trip was over before it really started. She told me to go to the nearest town and buy another raptor. She knows what i spend cause she writes the checks and pays the bills. I do tell her what i am going to buy before hand, she has never said no so far.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Pro Rider

well I do give her credit she let me build my 67 camaro and put 25k in it and she let me buy a RV for another 22k and a quad used wouldn't hurt me I guess but I will be buying a New raptor or predator within 4 months so look out woman hear me roar....... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 02:42 AM
Trailblazer

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?
I had to respond again! I just read a few post's on pages 4-5, couldn't believe some of them. Don't take what I am going to say to serius (ALL IN FUN). Dr. AZBIGDADDY HERE! My quick bio:6'5", 32yrs old, married 8 years, five kids, and I love my wife! Here come Dr. AZBigdaddy Bash! Rhinhd, I bet you have read "men are from mars, women are from venus". You had the g-a-y-est post ever, I am surprized you even own a quad. Your wife owns your @ss, and gets what she wants (like major stuff for the house). LOL, couldn't believe that post! Huskerjm, are you and Rhinhd friends? If not, you should, your both have g-a-y posts! Muddy4life has the best post of all. What is mine is mine, what is hers is mine. This is a real man......... Fishlab was on the mark and had a good post. nubbin, great pants story and a all around good post Rescuediver is a wise man, worth reading........ If you don't have the money in your budget to buy something, don't buy it. Money is a tool, use it wisely! Make sure you have a budget and talk over goals, savings, and large purchases with your wife. Make a plan to include things you want for your selves and set a limit! Money, or lack of it will make relationships harder. Toys are fun and I have alot of them, but there not everything. Make sure you don't go over board and set money aside for your future. I don't know how many older people say I wish I would have put a few more dollars away when I was younger. At the same time, you only live once, so enjoy it. I try to keep a nice balance........ Hopefuly the older guys will agree with this. Include your wife in decisions you make, marraige is give and take, but every once in awhile you have to put your foot down and call the shots. Read NUBBIN's post............. Well I didn't mean too much harm on the BASH post's earlier, D personality takes over sometime. The one thing I can say is build assets, and let the assets buy toys!

Old 01-19-2004, 03:16 AM
Pro Rider

Big Daddy you are pushing the envelop with them words please beware I am not any part of being G*y. Yes I do wear the boots in my family andyes I buy what I want but every woman deep inside feels jealious of a mans toys it takes them away and they feel isolated. I let her express her self and if it goes to far I take charge[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 09:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

I would never be with a women if I had to ask her how to spend MY own money.I dont bother her when she comes home with a 1500 dollar oak dinning room table/chair set ect ect,[as long as she use's HER money].Why should she have anything to say when I buy something with MY money?Its real simple------as long as the bills get paid first--------I buy what I want---when I want--------and the only person I ask for permission is ME!

Life should allways be this simple.

Bill

Old 01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Trailblazer

Mudlife sums it up best.....Sorry about that word, though it does have several meanings. Maybe it doesn't exactly mean stupid, but that was about the intent I was trying to get across. Not in a sexual, racial, or slang indawindoe. Just that there post sucked, I might have been wrong about huskerjim. Though he needs a new icon/that little cartoon guy is................won't say it!

No more bashing here, everyone enjoy yours toys and have fun!

Old 01-19-2004, 01:18 PM
Range Rover

Hey Guys, If you read my previous posts you know I started all of this - Well she is gone now Ive been raped . Her and her MOTHER made sure they took more than she deserves!! We were together about 5 years she made about 30 K and I made twice+. I paid Everything Mortgage- utilitys -Insur .She bought clothes shoes and stuff for the house,Its all been taken. Mr. nice guy put her on his union health plan which also gives her rights to my pension and annuity. So now she is using that as leverage to take more stuff.We have a 5 year old son I must keep my focus on -He likes daddys toys,and his KFX 80 that I bought him against her demands. I must tell you guys this is like theropy for me ,You give hope that there are some normal women out there .Some of you guys mentioned the jealousy thing -It might apply- She is all maxed out just from her shopping habit, and she see's me paying everything and still buying toys. So now her meddleing parents are lending her money.So in closing I must say Its not aabout two people looking at each other its two people looking in the same direction !!! Thanks to everyone- for all your help and Humor.

Old 01-19-2004, 01:33 PM
Trailblazer

Hey sorry to hear about that. Keep your eye on the ball (your son). The other crap don't matter. It's all superficial anyway & you really won't miss it. Hope it all works out & good luck. Life suck sometimes[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 04:07 PM
Pro Rider

yea my first old lady was a gold digger too. I can't stand them when they are like that...hope the best bro...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?