Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Same as most here, her money, my money & our money.

She was better about the Rincon purchased 3 weeks ago for €11,000.00 (That's what it costs in Ireland)
than she was when I spent €70,000.00 on an Audi quattro at the end of 2002, a diesel one at that!!!!!!!!!!!

Darned couch!!!!!

Old 01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
If you have to hide your account you're on shaky ground. Period.

If you can't trust a wife with her own account, and she cant trust you with yours, then the ground is shaking everywhere! LOL

Old 01-18-2004, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ironrod
Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
If you have to hide your account you're on shaky ground. Period.

If you can't trust a wife with her own account, and she cant trust you with yours, then the ground is shaking everywhere! LOL

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I mean having to "hide" to get your stuff, not the trusting thing. I give my paycheck to Mrs Shady who is an accountant, and I haven't paid a bill in 15 years. I like it that way and trust her totally.

I say "Do we have any money" and the answer always is "No!" That's the reason we do have money I guess. I could buy a house with the limit on our charge card, and it's paid in full every month. I just usually tell her if I'm spending very much like a shotgun or a new pipe.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Weekend Warrior

OK First of all this is Coyotecaller's wife responding not HIM!! We are a riding family so I am VERY supportive of making ATV purchases. He just purchased a 2004 700 prairie 4x4 and I now get ownership of the old 400 prairie 4x4. Our son has a Suzuki LT50. I believe if you feel like you have to ask you are going about it all wrong it should be discussed and there isn't a problem to begin with. The idea of having a seperate checking is a little secretive and I would NEVER go for that, come on guys if you live in a dual income household then the decision is also dual!!

Women--it could be worse they could be purchasing something that does not hold value and could not be enjoyed by the whole family.

Old 01-18-2004, 10:44 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
Some of these posts CRACK me up[I can tell who the YOUNG guys are].I been married for 25 yrs and I'll be DAMMED if I ask my wife to spend my money on ANYTHING.If I want it,I BUY it,end of conversation!This goes for cars,quads,tools ect ect ect.I also agree with the fella that has seperate checking accounts.I have MY checking account,my wife has HER checking account,and we have OUR checking account.Whats MINE is Mine!What HERS is MINE!Bill
Pay attention newlyweds, Bill understands. Your wife does not want a door mat, she wants a man. Sure she will bitch and moan about it but deep down, she will respect you. I'm not saying you need to be an idiot about it, just assert your independence once in a while and do what YOU want with YOUR money. If you have let things get out of hand, don't try to fix it overnight, start small but keep the end zone in view. From the sound of some of these posts, I'll bet that a few of you aren't getting laid on a regular basis either:-)

Old 01-18-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: UBETRUN
Some of these posts CRACK me up[I can tell who the YOUNG guys are].I been married for 25 yrs and I'll be DAMMED if I ask my wife to spend my money on ANYTHING.If I want it,I BUY it,end of conversation!This goes for cars,quads,tools ect ect ect.I also agree with the fella that has seperate checking accounts.I have MY checking account,my wife has HER checking account,and we have OUR checking account.Whats MINE is Mine!What HERS is MINE!Bill
Pay attention newlyweds, Bill understands. Your wife does not want a door mat, she wants a man. Sure she will bitch and moan about it but deep down, she will respect you. I'm not saying you need to be an idiot about it, just assert your independence once in a while and do what YOU want with YOUR money. If you have let things get out of hand, don't try to fix it overnight, start small but keep the end zone in view. From the sound of some of these posts, I'll bet that a few of you aren't getting laid on a regular basis either:-)
Sorry to qoute your agreeing to the orig quote but your correct.

Many if not most wifes will b!tch about large purchases (like the full aftermarket front end on my Honda) but no matter how good or bad they are there tends to be more acceptance when you have previously made it clear that the quad is the "other woman" and would be the remaining one if this decision needs to be made etc.

Funniest thing I have seen is when wifes (or girl friends for that matter) become seriously jealous of the things you buy for the quad. Ever want to have a laugh? Just bring home a cheap bunch of flowers and walk right past her on your into the garage . The look on her face will be priceless [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

We have an understanding here that as long as theres enough $$$ for some food then the quad gets what it needs.

Old 01-19-2004, 12:30 AM
Pro Rider

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry to qoute your agreeing to the orig quote but your correct.

Many if not most wifes will b!tch about large purchases (like the full aftermarket front end on my Honda) but no matter how good or bad they are there tends to be more acceptance when you have previously made it clear that the quad is the "other woman" and would be the remaining one if this decision needs to be made etc.

Funniest thing I have seen is when wifes (or girl friends for that matter) become seriously jealous of the things you buy for the quad. Ever want to have a laugh? Just bring home a cheap bunch of flowers and walk right past her on your into the garage . The look on her face will be priceless

We have an understanding here that as long as theres enough $$$ for some food then the quad gets what it needs.

************************************************** ************************************************** *******

Not to make anyone mad their sure seems to be alot of Doctors on here...lol

Everyone woman has a little control freak in all of them I have been married twice both were like that....

If you treat you weaker vessel as a yelling peice you do as I say or else I buy what I want you will be looking for another one for she will go hunting for another....it happens guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Getting LAID??? Why I'll have you know I visit the the local crack ho's house at least twice a week. LOL

That's not a problem here, as long as know one tells her about the DG bumper I just bought on ebay today. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

Good one...hehe till she see's the credit card bill[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?