Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?

sounds completely fair.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

My wife kind of acts as the voice of reason. We would be so far in debt, thanks to me, if it wern't for her. If I really want something I'll get it with or without her approval, but if I only half *** want something just to have it she gets me to think of why I would need it. It's worked out pretty well so far. I have a 22' boat and all the fishing gear I want, 4 quads and a gokart, hunting gear, camping gear, a large shop, etc..
I had a burn in my pocket to put paddles on her quad. She asked why, she's happy with it just the way it is. That's $400 I would have spent and did not need too. Yeah, I'll keep her. I'm just not sure if she'll keep me. LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Pro Rider

LOL...If my dad ever bought a quad without asking my mom, it would be like WWIII!!!!!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] AHHHHHHHHH

Old 01-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Pro Rider

Yea, my wife reasoned with me too I wanted a 6500 Quad a 660 raptor she new I would only ride it about 1 an month she was right I ride the Honda 400ex I got about that much she saved me 3500 for she talked me into getting a used 400ex and it worked out....boy I still would like the raptor....ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh don't tell her [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 02:47 PM
Pro Rider

You know I forgot the most important stuff. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img] It was her idea to get the gokart that got us started in offroading. It was her idea to get the Cyclone 250 next, that I restored. She bought me my first new quad for my birthday as a surprise. (It's hers now, but I still love that Explorer 4x4). And NO, she didn't read the posts and make me say all this. lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Range Rover

My Wife does our bills so I ask her if we have the cash before I buy something for the quads. It's never a problem unless we need to buy something else (like major stuff for the house), she lets me know when we can't swing it. We work together on anything to do with saving and spending. We want to be financially sound and not get into any trouble. We work at life as a team and have done pretty well for doing so. Remember it's "the both of you against to world" not "you against her"! That’s how I look it!

Old 01-18-2004, 05:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

Some of these posts CRACK me up[I can tell who the YOUNG guys are].I been married for 25 yrs and I'll be DAMMED if I ask my wife to spend my money on ANYTHING.If I want it,I BUY it,end of conversation!This goes for cars,quads,tools ect ect ect.

I also agree with the fella that has seperate checking accounts.I have MY checking account,my wife has HER checking account,and we have OUR checking account.

Whats MINE is Mine!
What HERS is MINE!

Bill

Old 01-18-2004, 08:58 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TCAXIS400EX
Has to be a balance. As for guys that need to ask permission, may be a control freak - who needs that? One poor bastard said he needed to ask permission just to buy oil and a spark plug, that seems strange. Anyways..................

'00 400EX
Custom Axis ZP
TC Engine
I ask out of habit....To make sure we have the money. If you were referring to me. No poor bastard here.

Old 01-18-2004, 09:12 PM
Range Rover

On my wedding night I told my wife to try on my pants. She put them on and said they were too big. I told her not to forget that. On the serious side I am lucky. I have a boat, and have had motorcycles, and atv's. She likes to ride, so no problem there.She also has been a pretty damn good wife for the last 41 years.

Old 01-18-2004, 09:29 PM
Quad Patrol

On major purchases the wife and I talk about it, Now what we constitute as a major purchase is something that we will be putting on credit. We both share a checking account and savings account. But, we both also put side money into our own savings account for the little incidentals that we want. This is how I can go tweak the quads a little and go on my out of state hunting trips. Now, I take my 14 year old daughter with me. (She just got her first deer with a bow this year) My account was also used to buy her those diamond earrings for our 15 wedding anniversary without her knowing.

Quick Reply: Do you need permission from your wife to buy toys?