Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Fall/Crash story...lol!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 10:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fall/Crash story...lol!

ok, so me and 2 buddies were out today on my 400 doing wheelies and jumping my home made riding/jumping area. 1 of them donnie the other stephen. stephen is kinda scared of pushing the 400 so he didnt have any issues, after all its hard to fall going 15mph everywhere.

donnie on the other hand has a problem with knowing his limitations,lol...you know this will be funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
well he decided he would learn to do wheelies since i have learned to do them and they look so cool as u all know. i told him how i was told to learn them, standing up to learn ballance point then blah blah blah..u know how it goes. NOT DONNIE THO! he gets on and starts to do the "jerk the bars up to get the front end up thingie."

i explain to hold 1/2 throttle then pop the clutch would be easiest way. after 5minutes of him jerking the bars more, i walk over and hold the throttle in and tell him "this is how it should sound, then pop the clutch foo!"
yes! success!! he gets it up! then he goes on to really GET ON IT and managed to flip himself off hard on his back and my 400 takes off down the field in gear! i get on it and shut her down.

next thing we do is head over to the jumping area i have. i go on to jump one of my kickers that is really steep and gets u about 5/6' in the air and lands you flat and hard on unballanced land and will send you about 15'-25'. i hand the beast over to donnie and let him know that its tough to land right and that its hard on the knees and wrists(due to unballanced landing...really bad!). LOL he takes off and hits it really rough the 1st time and then goes on to hit it again and get about 5' off the ground and sends the bike about 23-25'. he starts to land WAY off ballance and falls off the back side REALLY HARD. i see the bike is still in gear running towards some woods that are about 70' off. its still in 3rd gear btw so u know its really running. as i run up to him i see him laughing and i start running more towards the bike that is high tailing it away from me. lol, i ask him as i run by him if he is ok 2 times and he finally says yeah. get on her and shut her down once again.

yes there is more to the evening of fun!

a while later donnie is on again and he is jumping the 400 fine at this point and seems to be doing great. lol he stops and calls me over to him. his hand is like covered in blood! he had created and busted a blister that was HUGE in the short time he rode w/o noticeing. to make a long story shorter, his day was done.

so you guys know, donnie does have limited exp riding atvs. as a matter of fact he probly has more hours on one than i do, considering i have been riding a week, and he has rode on one of his buddies 400's years back. he is also 23.

i just thought i would share this goofy story/friend with you guys.

let me hear some of yalls crash/friend stories!!

Old 01-17-2004, 12:13 AM
Weekend Warrior

Great story dude

but i feel bad for Donnie...but maybe when they install seat belts for quads he'll be able to ride again

LOL

Old 01-17-2004, 12:27 AM
Trailblazer

ah boo
he is fine, just a little banged up. he said when i told him how bad i felt for him, "its aight, its part of learning"

haha not for me!

well probly go riding tomorrow [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 10:11 AM
Range Rover

LOL Can i ask, is donnie a few sandwiches short of a picknick by any chance? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-17-2004, 10:34 AM
Range Rover

Heres one for ya. Last year in the winter me and my mate dean decided to go out riding down Dartford. It had really rained hard the night before so it was very boggy. He was riding his Kx250 and i Was riding my brothers R100. Dean is like donnie in some respects, he doesnt know when to stop hes a complete Nutt Bar lol. He was riding along and saw what he thought was a "puddle". But i had already gone through it and it was about 1'5ft deep. He said 'watch this im gona skim over that on the back wheel' and before i could tell him it was to deep he was gone. He hit the puddle at about 50mph on the back wheel, the wheel sank, he flipped over the handle bars and a went head first in this puddle!! LOL. he took off his crash hat and it was filled up with water and the first thing i said was 'how funny would that look on the front of a newspaper "Local Rider Drowns In a Puddle'! His reply was
F%^K OFF!

LOL

Old 01-17-2004, 07:29 PM
Trailblazer

haha great story do0d!!!

LOL
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Trailblazer

Would you laugh if I told you I set my quad on fire last night?
I had my turbo heater warming up my frozen clytch cable whan I started to smell plastic burning.
The heater was to close to the a small mud gaurd under the foot board..I pulled the heater away and used my coat to exstinguish the flames.
Good thing I was with the thing..although I never let it out of my sights when I have to heat it up.
DOH!!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 12:57 PM
Pro Rider

heres one of my brother yesterday.
my friend came down with his 103cc rm80and my brother wanted to ride it. so we let him on it and he wasnt all that comfortable on it. then we started to ramp it and he decidedhe was going to. we were gettin some air and he thought it would be cool if he could too. the first time he went off it was really rough because he's too big for it. then the second time he pulled a small wheelie right before the base. this caused the the front wheel to hit the ramp and bounce up. He then gassed it and the front end went shooting up into the air and he fell off-sending the bike flying. when he went back it broke the rear fender off. the first words out of his mouth were "ill pay for it" lol. After that we went back to my house and zip tied it back on

too bad i didnt have a camera!!!

Old 01-19-2004, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Ahh the days of getting blisters from riding.....rookies...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. Glad too hear everyone is OK. Peace.