Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2000, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to say it but I believe some of the people responding to this thread are idiots. I like to ride and I like to compete. I read about how pathetic the Polaris Quads are, and would like see a Rubicon compete with my Pathetic sportsman. I have never said I am the best rider. I just offered a challenge for anybody that would like to have some fun. Some of these guys smart mouth me because I am not willing to drive 2000 miles to do this competition. I was hoping to get some people to compete closer to home. Gas is expensive and I work alot of hours. I don't have time or money to drive to Alaska. If you want to be an A$$ and bad mouth me, thats fine. If you would read all of my replies, you will see that I am fair in my responses, and if I do make a negative statement about an ATV or person, there is a reason of justification. If i were to say "HONDAS SUCK", that would not be very constructive. If i were to say "HONDAS SUCK because of their drum brakes and cables that are made to rust and they suck because their solid rear axel and log wagon suspension", I am giving you a reason for my belief; therefore, this is constructive. You are more than welcome to tell me my polaris sucks because of its belt drive or reliability and we can argue back and forth.

I hear enough about Polaris reliabilty and performance. I offered this challenge to at least prove my belief that the SP500 is the most capable ATV on the market. This is just my opinion. If you think your bike is more capable, and you live close by, lets do it. I know this doesn't prove reliability and has alot to do with rider ability, but it would still be fun to do.

Greg

Old 07-10-2000, 02:34 PM
Range Rover

Gregsims,
From your last post ... "I have never said I am the best rider."

From the one before that ... "I have yet to find any competition unless it is with someone who lives 500 miles away. (Or another SP500)"

I would suggest that you have indeed validated the first line from your last post ...."I hate to say it but I believe some of the people responding to this thread are idiots."

Temp

Old 07-10-2000, 06:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

I happen to be a long time friend of Greg's. I will say this, he can baced it up, I've been there and seen it done. He does like to compete, and never misses a chance to preform in a challenge, I know because I've put my Wolverine up against him several times, I'll follow him anywhere, even though I don't always make it. I did see him offer to race a Rubicon this last weekend with 27" Vampires, the man did decline. I was kinda hoping he'd go for it, wanted to see it in action. Competing for us is fun(win or lose), and I've been on both sides. If you don't like what he has to say, you don't have to read it, and you don't have to reply..

97' Wolverine
27"bi-claw tri-claw combo
ATV locker
K&N filter
DG pipe
drilled out clutches
hoping for manual clutch next

Old 07-10-2000, 06:41 PM
Pro Rider

Competition is fun. Do you think if he loss to a Rubicon, he would post it? I don't believe his ego would let him. I could be wrong.

Greg will get his wish someday & get to race against the Rubicon.

Greg, A test has already been done on the disk vs drum brakes, you might want to read the post. The drums actually stopped the Honda faster than the Polaris disk stopped it. Search this forum.

Also, we know that the sealed drum brakes last longer in mud than the disks.

Old 07-10-2000, 08:32 PM
Trailblazer

gregsims:
please get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i have never met somebody so full of there self
and there quad.
i am sorry you own a polaris, but please get
over it!!!!!!!

Old 07-10-2000, 11:25 PM
Pro Rider

When I said there was no competition unless it was someone 500 miles away or another SP500, does this mean I said I was the best rider. I don't think so. What I am saying is that no one close to East Texas has accepted the challenge. (With the exception of the guy in LA who responded but livers 4.5 hours away. At least he was polite.

There are amny people who ride in East Texas and may of them read this forum. There are also experienced riders that read this forum. Still there are no takers. There are smart mouth people who want to degrade me, that don't even know me.

As somethin4nothin said, I challenged a Rubicon this week end and he declined. I assume he knows what the result will be. The guy was fun to ride with and didn't get all defensive and hateful like some of the idiots on this forum.

Greg

Old 07-11-2000, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

S L I G H T L Y..................LOL...................TAZ

Old 07-11-2000, 03:07 AM
Trailblazer

Well, I was there and it was tough mudd'n but it was fun. I can sit here and type up all kinds of bull ****, but the sp500 will kick your *** in the mud.................I love my Grizz, wouldn't trade it for anything, but alot of the folks replying to this thread doesn't have a frigg'n clue what mud is. Maybe someday all of you will get the pleasure of riding at funwheeler park, maybe not. Until then, have fun and by all means talk your trash.

TAZ

Old 07-11-2000, 03:51 AM
Trailblazer

After reading five pages of mine is better than yours i have come to a conclusion.That there are a couple of fellas on here who are suffering from little peter syndrom. What else could it be, to go on and on about the sp500. Id like to take up a collection for a peter pump i am sure Polaris makes one and send it to there rightfull owners.

Old 07-11-2000, 03:58 AM
Pro Rider

Bill: I just noticed you say you could take a Sp550 in the MUD. But Greg says the whole reason is he can beat honda is due to the RearSuspension being independant. Yes i know about the Real 4x4. But the biggest reason most of the Sp500 people talk so much Trash is their IRS. Infact i have told more than once by you Polaris owners that the IRS is the reason the Polaris would win. Now how as a Polaris owner do you think you could compete against GREG? Not starting trash, just wondering.

Grizz: Greg must advertise with you or your buisness. That is the only way i could see you making that remark. Just a joke!!! I am sure we could find Yamaha riders who disagree.

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here