Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2000, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hondapride,

That could be a good idea, however how many riders out there have never ridden either one of those brands?

No Honda or Polaris owner would want someone who is green pushing their quad to the max for a test. I would worry more about the green rider crashing my quad than the results of the test.

This is the same old Chevy vs Ford debate. Who is better, again its personnal choice.

Old 07-06-2000, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

The honda 300 4x4 has been the best selling 4-wheeler ever. You must have got a lemon

Old 07-06-2000, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah I now thats why I said it might be a little impractical. And I know I sure wouldnt want someone fresh riding my Quad!!
I just thought that if they really wanted to do it right that would be the way to go.

Old 07-06-2000, 07:49 PM
Range Rover

i have one of those and it has nenver let me down!

through the water ove the handle bars and teh sand and mudd in the engine

Old 07-06-2000, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

While I share Gregs enthusiasm, (that don't look spelled right) I like some friendly competition.. not between brands, but between friends.. There are days that I can go thru ANYTHING on my Magnum... and there are days that i have to get a winch just to get off the freakin' trailer.. A tree-pissin' contest between brands really doesn't mean much. I know guys that have 300cc 2x4's with 25" Swampers that can run circles around 450+cc bikes with all the best stuff..
Its RIDER SKILL AND LUCK!!...
If this competition..(whether its a Rubicon, Yamaha or go-ped.. WHATEVER) does happen.. to make it fair, the bike need to be ridden by both participants, and two to three other people... So each bike gets put thru each event 4-5 times... That way you get a real result of bike capability, and you can seperate rider skills...
just my two cents worth.

Old 07-06-2000, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Atving (A.K.A. liar) Well considering i live by the ocean and your not, i wonder who's elavation is higher? Doesn't mean who has tougher trails. And as to your WV academy, most be pretty hard if you made it. RIGHT! Give up, next thing I will hear from you is your wife was Miss America. Besides It's a figure of speech, about Anchorage being larger than WV. But i didn't expect you to get it, should of known. MY BAD>>>>>

Old 07-06-2000, 11:03 PM
Range Rover

Exactly. I bought my Rubicon to ride. I can care less what or how many Polaris atv's there are out there. I bought my Honda Rubicon after having owned a SP500 and I am absolutely sure I made the right decision. This is the second Honda I have proudly owned. I also own a 1988 Honda Foreman and have had absolutely no problems with it.

Old 07-07-2000, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

Mudmachine,

I think you pretty much nailed it.
Riding with friend old & new is what its all about. Heck, if & when I get stuck, I hope there is a Polaris guy, or Yamaha, or Kawasaki or who ever there to pull me out.

I ride to have fun, its my way to relax after busting your butt from 9-5.

Old 07-07-2000, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

Blah, Blah, Blah - as usual you have nothing useful to contribute ATVING! Can't you see it's not just me, everyone thinks your an idiot. Now go back to your Polaris forum and be a nice little boy.

Old 07-07-2000, 07:55 PM
Range Rover

True, every four wheeler needs ridden by different people, not just to test out the skill level, but to slightly tell which one if more reliable.. but I'll tell you one thing, if all honda's are as reliable as the one I had (86 trx 125), they are dang good machines.. I really would like to see this shoot out.. because like someone mentioned, the magz will do a shoot out... but that's the magazines.. I want to see it fer myself. I mean come on guys, we all know that the sportsman can pull over 1200lbs.. the griz can pull over 1500 or whatever.. and the rubi.. well, who knows.. I really wish that this "shootout" would take place, cuz I'd be there.. only an hour away!!!!

Quick Reply: Will a Rubicon owner step up to the plate? battle of egos here